The Official Golf Thread

Have you played 17 at the old head? Nice 575 (625 off the blues) par 5, with a blind approach.

Keep well left!

Wouldnt rate it as that hard a hole. Firstly its down hill, secondly its designed in such a way that the wind should be helping the majority of the time.

10 years ago it was the 2nd longest hole in Europe.

When I started playing I put myself at 18. Last year I won a comp at work so I decided to now play off 16. Constantly hitting the high 30s. Got my best a few weeks ago 41pts. I am not a member of a club or anything but I just decided to play off it myself so it's not official.

I'm the exact same............If i hit high 30s a few times in a row i will cut myself. It's godd to challenge yourself on the holes that you've got no shot!!

if you just want to join different courses then you should look in to distance membership in slievenamon in clonmel only 180 euro for your gui handicap course is average but you only have to play it the three times to get your handicap.

once you have that your laughing for all the opens in the various courses around the county

A few lads have mentioned that alright. Might try that. If anyone else has tried it give me a shout!!

do you play the same course all the time and if so which club do you play? if your playing alot then you should join somewhere. i hate tight asses that won't pay the money even though there probably spending more on Green Fees throughout the year. that's not a dig at you by the way. just in general i know alot of people like that.

I want to wait til i'm finished playing GAA. I've about 2-3 years left in me and will definatly get a good club then. Maybe the new Cobh course. I'll be able to put my mind to it then and work on my handicap.

So where is everyone playing for the weekend, Bar Scrumpy!perfect conditions for it i reckon. I'm off to skibb saturday at 1pm to play my own game, work on a few things. course shud be nice and quiet with Ireland V Wales on at 1pm

So where is everyone playing for the weekend, Bar Scrumpy!perfect conditions for it i reckon. I'm off to skibb saturday at 1pm to play my own game, work on a few things. course shud be nice and quiet with Ireland V Wales on at 1pm

Not playing this weekend but I am playing Fernhill next Saturday. Yeah yeah, I know fernhill. It is organised through work. I will be disappointed if I don't card a good score there. It is our first game with work this year.

played the o meara course today at carton house.

great course very fair and enjoyable.

would recommend it to any one travelling up that way

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼