The Official Arsenal Thread - Part 2

Blinded.
Jesus Liverpool are fucking frustrating to watch when they're ahead like this. I understand the tactic of making the opposition chase the game and come at you and hit them on the counter but fuck me this is a terrible watch since they went ahead

I’d love if that were true.

Liverpool have fucked away leads this season v City, Spurs, Brighton, Brentford, Chelsea, Atletico and Milan.

Very shakey all season if teams have a cut off them.

Arsenal were just extremely poor. The performance with 10 men in anfield was impressive but digging in like that means nothing if you don’t have the quality to trouble Liverpool at home.

errah men against boys in the end. liverpool still streets ahead of us and they never even went past second gear.
El T. still has plenty of work to do

Not good enough but quite a few players were clearly off the pace. Sake, ESR and Tomi clearly not at the races.
Martinelli and Odegaard the only 2 players to show up for Arsenal. We needed to be at our absolute best to beat this Pool team and weren’t even close.

Credit to Liverpool, a horrible team to play against and Jota is an amazing player.

Not good enough but quite a few players were clearly off the pace. Sake, ESR and Tomi clearly not at the races.
Martinelli and Odegaard the only 2 players to show up for Arsenal. We needed to be at our absolute best to beat this Pool team and weren’t even close.

Credit to Liverpool, a horrible team to play against and Jota is an amazing player.
No complaints. Beaten by a better team . Agree on the.two lads you mentioned, about the only two bright sparks.on an overall poor team performance, needed.to at their best to have a good chance of winning but when you don't turn up against a strong Liverpool team you will will.struggle. .

If Arsenal & more so Arteta can learn anything from these two legs it’s that they can and need to be more pragmatic in games against the big sides, especially away.

I’ve seen them roll over at Anfield for years now by coming to town and playing their own game. Arteta is especially guilty for it. Last week they were forced into being pragmatic and they fought it out for a 0-0 against all the odds.

Tonight they came out again and tried to go toe to toe with Liverpool and while it’s commendable, he should have learn that frustrating Liverpool with a low block and counter attack was the way to go. They almost scored last week like that with 10 men. They’d have been even better placed tonight to do with with 11.

Go to town agains the bottom 14 teams. Be pragmatic against the better 5 sides. It’ll work out better.

I’ve seen them roll over at Anfield for years now by coming to town and playing their own game. Arteta is especially guilty for it. Last week they were forced into being pragmatic and they fought it out for a 0-0 against all the odds.

Tonight they came out again and tried to go toe to toe with Liverpool and while it’s commendable, he should have learn that frustrating Liverpool with a low block and counter attack was the way to go. They almost scored last week like that with 10 men. They’d have been even better placed tonight to do with with 11.

Go to town agains the bottom 14 teams. Be pragmatic against the better 5 sides. It’ll work out better.
Fair comment.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼