Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't think so
Sean Kelly still is a huge vote getter
He was only 1000 votes off the quota
last time
Clune who comes from the Coveney stable CSC only got 8 or 9 %
Sinn Fein running two candidates will interesting as they got 11% last time running
the most stupid person I ever had the misfortune to meet (it is still a wonder how she got elected in 2014)

Kelly got a huge vote because of the loyalty of the "ignorant f**kers" in kirry and the fact that he wasn't running against anyone with a profile. IF, and it's a very big if because the election is only a number of weeks away now, Coveney does run for Europe, I think he'd get one of the seats. Not bad going for only canvassing for just two months.

Rumour was that Mullins was running in Europe with little (no) expectation of seat but to boost his profile in advance of tilt at Dail seat in Cork East ( he is based around Castlemartyr afaik).

Can't see Coveney running for Europe or the dail at this stage. He'd that decision made years ago when he moved to Cobh. Rumours that he himself would run in Cork East and his brother in South Central appear to have disippated, following his recent resignation from cabinet.

In other news, Marcia D'Alton (serving cllr in Passage/Monstown area) not running in local elections but alluded to possible run in GE.
Can't see her getting much traction outside her local area if she was to run as indo but if she ran as Soc Dem, she may bring enough of a personal/local vote to contest that final seat under SD banner, especially if SF struggle to get back towards the 32-35% polling figures they had a year ago.

She'd be strong on green/environment issues, heavily involved in anti incinerator campaign, but barring major pick up in GP fortunes, doubt that party ticket would do her much good.
She'd also be transfer friendly, especially from McGrath in lower harbour area.

Her judgement re asking that Ian Bailey's name be included in recent council vote of condolonce may be questioned in a GE campaign mind you.

Kelly got a huge vote because of the loyalty of the "ignorant f**kers" in kirry and the fact that he wasn't running against anyone with a profile. IF, and it's a very big if because the election is only a number of weeks away now, Coveney does run for Europe, I think he'd get one of the seats. Not bad going for only canvassing for just two months.
I just love the way that Volunteer Sound_y continues to insult the electorate after they had the cheek and temerity to vote for someone else.............

Kelly is highly regarded by many for his work in pushing for croke park to be opened to other sports, There are others who despise him for that,
I met him coming out of PUIC after a club game a few years ago and walked up monahan rd with him, found him to be sound enough,

I just love the way that Volunteer Sound_y continues to insult the electorate after they had the cheek and temerity to vote for someone else.............

Oh dear - poor Statty completely missed the GAA link albeit the quote wasn't exact it was in quotation marks. Kelly former Chair of the Kirry County Board. And former Kirry County manager Paudie O'Shea described the Kirry GAA supporters as I think a "shower of f*cking animals"

Rumour was that Mullins was running in Europe with little (no) expectation of seat but to boost his profile in advance of tilt at Dail seat in Cork East ( he is based around Castlemartyr afaik).

Can't see Coveney running for Europe or the dail at this stage. He'd that decision made years ago when he moved to Cobh. Rumours that he himself would run in Cork East and his brother in South Central appear to have disippated, following his recent resignation from cabinet.

In other news, Marcia D'Alton (serving cllr in Passage/Monstown area) not running in local elections but alluded to possible run in GE.
Can't see her getting much traction outside her local area if she was to run as indo but if she ran as Soc Dem, she may bring enough of a personal/local vote to contest that final seat under SD banner, especially if SF struggle to get back towards the 32-35% polling figures they had a year ago.

She'd be strong on green/environment issues, heavily involved in anti incinerator campaign, but barring major pick up in GP fortunes, doubt that party ticket would do her much good.
She'd also be transfer friendly, especially from McGrath in lower harbour area.

Her judgement re asking that Ian Bailey's name be included in recent council vote of condolonce may be questioned in a GE campaign mind you.

Does Coveney live in Cobh these days? I was in his old gaf in Rochestown once

Kelly is highly regarded by many for his work in pushing for croke park to be opened to other sports, There are others who despise him for that,
I met him coming out of PUIC after a club game a few years ago and walked up monahan rd with him, found him to be sound enough,

Imho Sean Kelly from the get go was primarily interested in one thing and one thing only - Sean Kelly. You could see it even from returning victorious Kirry AI champions - he had himself front and centre in a lot of those events, a hell of a lot more than his Cork equivalent for instance.
I think the guy was manoeuvering for life above and beyond the GAA for a long time.

Doubt it Soundy, even for an electorate that is fairly forgiving of politicains shenanigans, moving from one trough to another so quickly might be just a tad too far for most.
Say what you want about Kelly but an asute campaigner (probably learned his trade in CLG) and would be difficult to dislodge from his seat, unless he himself decided to step aside (he is 71)!

Oh dear - poor Statty completely missed the GAA link albeit the quote wasn't exact it was in quotation marks. Kelly former Chair of the Kirry County Board. And former Kirry County manager Paudie O'Shea described the Kirry GAA supporters as I think a "shower of f*cking animals"
Just because someone else uses those words does not give you carte-blanche to simply call citizens of Kerry "ignorant f**kers".

If you can someday formulate your own opinions and not rely on randomers on the street whos anecdotal opinions just happen to agree with you 100% every time that would be great.

For a fella who is obcessed about a "United Ireland" you seem to foster division every where you go or mention.

Attachments

• 1712157662905.png
    1712157662905.png
    298.8 KB · Views: 4
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Duke Special
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Hacklers

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼