The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

I don't like to kick players when they're down but we have face the fact that Joey has never got back to where he was before his injuries

This was a really worrying performance. 2 hookers that can't throw a straight ball in the line out. Unless these 2 guys can learn to do the basics right under pressure they have no future at this level. Needs to be sorted.

Casey has to calm down - I'm sick of the headless chicken stuff. Again Rountree needs to get this issue sorted.

Was Killer on the piss all week ?

These guys owe the supporters big time after this shambles

Nothing less than 3 wins in SA will redeem them

Big Gav, Hodnett and Nash are the only ones who did themselves justice.

I wouldn't fault Casey for that second half. He was sent on to speed things up and he did that. His tap and go penalty was fine (glasgow never released when told to and he rolled away from them). Glasgow were very good at holding on when told to release the tackle and they got away with murder on that occasion.

JOD should be on the ref for that from the start but you can add it to another facet of his powder puff performance.

Hooker is definitely a worry. There's absolutely no way you now justify blocking an NIQ in that position. Barron has one good game every half dozen, Buckley needs a few more seasons and Scannell is so far away from Irish caps it's a non runner. So many squint throws when there wasn't even a defensive jumper too makes it so much more annoying

I don't think Casey is the answer either tbh.

Hasnt progressed at all in the last twelve months.

Prone to handling errors and terrible decision making. Crowley had to grab the ball off him at one point to prevent him taking a brainless tap.

First start of the season for Snyman

Casey and Crowley get the nod at half back

Big game for the likes of Coombes and Hodnett if they want to put themselves in the same league as the leinster back row

Hope Snyman and Kleyn are ready to Push as that front row could be in for a touch day

No Earls,Zebo,Conway and Farrell. Conway depending on recovery from his injury probably the only one we'll see next season.

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Malakai Fekitoa, Shane Daly; Jack Crowley, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, RG Snyman; Peter O’Mahony (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Stephen Archer, Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Donoghue, Conor Murray, Joey Carbery, Alex Kendellen.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼