The Julian Assange(Wikileaks) situation.

I must confess i don't really understand exactly whats going on here exactly.

As i understand it, yer man set up a website exposing internal US secrets. He then gets accused of rape in sweden and the swedish want to get him extradited to sweden so he can then be extradited to the US to stand trial over the whistle blowing ?

Is this correct?

It seems like a plot of a bad conspiracy theory movie to be honest.

Can anybody elaborate further on this situation.

I must confess i don't really understand exactly whats going on here exactly.

As i understand it, yer man set up a website exposing internal US secrets. He then gets accused of rape in sweden and the swedish want to get him extradited to sweden so he can then be extradited to the US to stand trial over the whistle blowing ?

Is this correct?

It seems like a plot of a bad conspiracy theory movie to be honest.

Can anybody elaborate further on this situation.

You're spot on.

Most likely he's been liquified by now.

B

Just lock him up.
He looks like a kiddy fiddler.

wikileaks-julian-assange.jpg

Not Even Julian Assange Clear On What's Going On With Him Right Now

LONDON—Following Thursday’s announcement that Ecuador will grant him political asylum, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange told reporters that not even he is totally sure what his legal situation is right now. “So wait, what exactly is my current status, and which countries can I go to?” asked Assange, adding that he is also “pretty hazy” on the outstanding criminal charge, or charges, against him at this point. “I think I’m wanted for questioning in Sweden, but if I go there they can apparently extradite me to the United States or something? And I guess I’m allowed to go to Ecuador, of all places, but then I also can’t for some reason? I honestly don’t know anymore.” At press time, Assange told reporters the only thing he is completely certain of is that he has a website.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/not-even-julian-assange-clear-on-whats-going-on-wi,29203/

So ya,
He's been granted political asylum by Ecuador, but Britain won't give him safe passage from the embassy to the airport so he's stuck there for now. Britain are getting more and more pissed off and will eventually revoke the soverign status of the Ecuadoran embassy and then storm it and arrest Assange. Unless they smuggle him out in a diplomatic orange box first somehow....

But who can arrest him on the way to the airport?

Isn't an extradition warrant international within the countries you have an agreed extradition policy?

So if one exists it would act like an international arrest warrant within the participating countries and the local police could arrest him and send him to Sweden.

I think

So ya,
He's been granted political asylum by Ecuador, but Britain won't give him safe passage from the embassy to the airport so he's stuck there for now. Britain are getting more and more pissed off and will eventually revoke the soverign status of the Ecuadoran embassy and then storm it and arrest Assange. Unless they smuggle him out in a diplomatic orange box first somehow....

Even if he is smuggled out in a diplomatic package it still has to be screened at the airport. A person being on the crate would require it to be opened for further investigation and he would then be arrested.

So ya,

They would regret making that decision.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Conchur White

, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼