The Hurling Thread

I can't understand the supine stance taken by GAA with RTE. Their coverage of hurling is disgraceful. Yesterday's Galway /Limerick game a good example of it. They missed several replays of incidents, good and bad, during the game. Even when canning remarked on lynchs glorious flick and pass they couldn't line up the replay. Same with a couple of nasty incidents,they missed them completely. Got the score line wrong at 15 all when it was 15 - 14 and canning endorsed this by telling us that we had a level game on our hands. The whole operation smacks of shoddiness and ah sure it's only the gaah. Raging sky pulled out giving these fuckers a monopoly. BBC coverage is light years ahead but they only do ulster.
Gaa should’ve brought in virgin media the minute they launched, not even sure how interested they would be in it now but absolutely they would’ve taken the gig back then.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but what are the best hurling podcasts out there? From what I've listened to, The Irish Examiner and Our Game are the best of a bad lot but definitely not good enough to pay for them.

I think Our Game have the best insight across all competitions including the club scene. The Hurling Pod can be decent entertainment if you can stick Skehill. I can't justify paying to hear what bad takes Landers has, so can't comment on the Examiner since it went to a paid model. The Echo Podcast is one that is disappointing. It's so high level and lacks detail for a podcast focused on one county. But to be fair they are reporters and not analysts on it.

Teams are gonna some how have to stop giving away frees from half back line up. Byrnes will punish you.
This game was filthy, outside of the frees Galway should have 2 players sent off but it seems because they had 3 sent off v Dublin nothing is done by a poor ref and the GAA. Shefflin calls this physicality, Mother of God!

This game was filthy, outside of the frees Galway should have 2 players sent off but it seems because they had 3 sent off v Dublin nothing is done by a poor ref and the GAA. Shefflin calls this physicality, Mother of God!
Galway are laying our their stall early - brute force beyond the rules of the game, if refs are leaving the whistle in the pocket it might pay dividends.
Also probably means dislocated shoulders and concussion are on the cards for some.
The likes of Dalo lapping it up, banging on about "de hits and physicality", like it's f***** rugby, it's in Clare's playbook as well, so I guess he has to influence however he can.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼