The Hurling Thread

Does Anthony Nash do one. I've heard him on the radio a few times and he seems very knowledgeable.
Also he isn't gone from the IC game all that long.
I would like to hear more from him.
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but what are the best hurling podcasts out there? From what I've listened to, The Irish Examiner and Our Game are the best of a bad lot but definitely not good enough to pay for them.

Does Anthony Nash do one. I've heard him on the radio a few times and he seems very knowledgeable.
Also he isn't gone from the IC game all that long.
I would like to hear more from him.
I find him hard to listen to tbh. He loves bringing everything back to himself, somehow 2013 seems to be still relevant to everything these days.

Galway are laying our their stall early - brute force beyond the rules of the game, if refs are leaving the whistle in the pocket it might pay dividends.
Also probably means dislocated shoulders and concussion are on the cards for some.
The likes of Dalo lapping it up, banging on about "de hits and physicality", like it's f***** rugby, it's in Clare's playbook as well, so I guess he has to influence however he can.
Yeah, once you’ve drawn attention to that stuff you are in trouble as the refs will pick up on the media noise and looking for it next day out. If they wanted to go down that path they should have held their horses for a while yet

Shoulders to the head needs to be stamped out of the game, it’s seriously dangerous stuff and happens far too often to be accidental or mistimed

Galway are laying our their stall early - brute force beyond the rules of the game, if refs are leaving the whistle in the pocket it might pay dividends.
Also probably means dislocated shoulders and concussion are on the cards for some.
The likes of Dalo lapping it up, banging on about "de hits and physicality", like it's f***** rugby, it's in Clare's playbook as well, so I guess he has to influence however he can.

With the exception of the semifinal in 19 when Limerick didn’t turn up for 40 mins I’ve yet to see a match where a side playing Limerick and deciding to bring out the extreme physicality actually succeeded in winning v this Limerick team in a real match. Cork maybe in the league match 2 years ago. That game had an hard edge.

Limerick struggle with pace running them. Particularly Byrnes and hannon. We struggle with teams who don’t allow us easy possession from puckouts.

This is why Clare perform well v Limerick. Mcinerney and diarmuid Ryan neutralise our puckouts. The forwards refuse to give easy ball to Byrnes hayes and Nash.
Kelly and Shane o Connell run straight at our defensive set up. Create overlaps etc

Galway haven’t sustained that type of physicality against us. Waterford tried it for a half in the 20 all Ireland semi final. Tipp numerous times. It’s a poor tactic match tend to be tighter but in all those cases the opponent is flagging and strangely enough doesn’t have the juice in the final stages. Might make you feel better about yourself on The way home.
Clare aren’t close just because they’re happy to timber us. They have the tools and the intelligence to hurt us.

dont think anyone wants the fixture of a league final. Will be some very interesting team sheets on Thursday night

Cork will be happy enough with the league although there hasn’t been a lot of real competitive games. Would appear Ryan is getting closer to best 15

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼