The Hurling Thread

Jesus lads never thought I’d feel like beating tipp by 15 or whatever and feeling almost like a loss. That injury. Poor fella. Just hope he’s ok Awful.
Awful for the lad. Horrendous. But limerick will lose a great player and replace and scrap the barrel and get Flanagan. O daglaigh. Or mulcahy. Or call up Shane o brien who is an outrageous young talent. And even then if they all went on strike. They could pull Dempsey downes or breen from na piarsigh. It’s a embarrassment of riches or even pat Ryan

This needs
Read somewhere that tipp have beaten limerick once in 9 championship meetings snd that was the dead rubber round game when both were in the Munster final anyway 2019. I expect a big backlash from tipp. Second year for Cahill. He won’t tolerate this.
Cahill has won the sum of sweet fuck all as a senior coach. He's turning into a modern version of Loughnane minus the actual success.

This needs

Cahill has won the sum of sweet fuck all as a senior coach. He's turning into a modern version of Loughnane minus the actual success.
Tbf it's hard for any manager other than Kiely to have had much success in the last 5/6 years given Limerick's dominance.
That said Tipp look absolutely terrible this year.

Limerick were functional yesterday. Definitely didn’t spend the amount of energy we did in Ennis
Tipp to me in the second half looked like a team just fulfilling a fixture. 5 day turnaround. I think the Munster round robin comes down to that match. Tipp win and all to play for. Waterford win and it’s hard to see cork making it. Given corks opening two fixtures I don’t see your backs stopping us getting a decent score and i can’t see us conceding 3-24. I suppose last years game was high scoring but cork were in a far better place.
There'll have to be some turnaround from tipp.

Limerick far far sharper that last week but impossible to take much from it given how poor tipp were.

Limerick report card.
Nicky solid as always
Full back line excellent
Half back line …Hayes best player on the field. Hannon sharp. Byrnes better than Ennis but still a bit off his best.

Wod big improvement
Cian good
Reidy hurled a world of ball. Just can’t shoot.

Hego average
CON good
Tom huge improvement on last week.

Casey so dangerous. Great game
Hope on a personal level he’s ok. Sickening. If the ref could have blown it up at that point everyone would have ok. The vide in the ground after that. Look you expect injuries across a season and you have to roll with it but that’s the worst I’ve ever seen. Maybe the mayo leg break a
He’s a big loss to us!!! He’s a clutch player in finals. 0-5 from play twice in all irelands. Big Munster finals in 19 and 20. DoD or Flanagan most likely comes back in.

Adam English again showed his impact off the bench.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼