The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Finny mc says the direction he got from the glen was super valu pairc ui chaoimh would be acceptable , but not super valu pairc
I think that's a reasonable solution to keep all sides happy and follows the template from other GAA ground where naming rights have been sold.

17 grounds in the country already sponsored. Routine process, sponsor followed by name of stadium then everyone moves on.
Cork, endless rumours and whispers about it, then boot the media out. Story floated about dumping the name altogether.
hold the meeting and allow a load of venting and roaring. Pretend you are listening to the complaints and then come back with the deal that's already been done
hey presto Supervalue Pairc Ui Caoimh
big round of applause

17 grounds in the country already sponsored. Routine process, sponsor followed by name of stadium then everyone moves on.
Cork, endless rumours and whispers about it, then boot the media out. Story floated about dumping the name altogether.
hold the meeting and allow a load of venting and roaring. Pretend you are listening to the complaints and then come back with the deal that's already been done
hey presto Supervalue Pairc Ui Caoimh
big round of applause
Got it in one.

If SuperValu walk away...if Cork don't win an AI soon, and if there's even a hint that lack of funding has anything to do with our continuing barren spell.....run for the hills Micheal Martin, Gould, Lord Mayor of Cork, The Examiner, O'Keeffe's son etc etc

A lady here
I can see Super valu walking away from this, O Caoimh grandson on 96fm now, He needs to be reminded the stadium was named after his
grandfather, The family do not own the stadium, Maybe name a stand after him ,

A lady at work was on about the whole sage this morning, mentioned the PJ Coogan show etc etc, so I threw the above into the conversation, she responded with and this might give an idea of some of the thinking out there....
"What are you serious ?? His grandfather set up the GAA in Ireland and thats how the GAA want to thank him, typical GAA".

Just to add, manners cost nothing and wouldn't have killed the CCB to make some contact with the family.

As a compromise i suggest calling it Super Valu Athletic Grounds
Genius! I'll go one further and say that the City Council should name/rename the park around it 'Pairc Ui Chaoimh.'#

Then you'll have the 'Super Valu Athletic Grounds' in 'Pairc Ui Chaoimh'

Surely that's problem solved? The Athletic Grounds in the Park, as it originally was 100 years ago.

I think we've cracked it. All that remains is for you to get your place at the head of the CCB table, and me my mayoral chain! Afterall, we did this in the course of one morning. Put us in charge of the gaff and we'll soon have a 10 in row and a city the rival of New York - New Cork! there I go again!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼