The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Cork need some place central with about 4/5 pitches where all development squads and county panels can train. Gym facility, etc. Location I'm not sure?
But some place easily accessible traffic wise where it's not a burden or hassle for parents dropping lads off

Is this really the best Idea? To have somewhere central?

Having one spot means that you limit the numbers going to it and by limit I mean the number that can be trained at one time.

What i think needs to happen is that the standard of the club games need to be improved.
IF you have a coupe of Regional Centres of excellence and get more youths into - build up their skill levels and let them take that back to their clubs and help raise the skill level there.

The skill level of the club games should improve - which will push on those playing county

Money is obviously a key factor a mid cork venue is the obvious solution.

Places like mallow, Banteer,Bishopstown Etc are being used night and day currently.

One Centre of excellence and at least one full size Astro in each division and you would be going a long way to getting things right.

With the vote on minor reverting to under 18 does this mean minor is under 18 in cork?
And if so does this mean that any of last years Under 17s can’t play with their clubs adult team this year?

With the vote on minor reverting to under 18 does this mean minor is under 18 in cork?
And if so does this mean that any of last years Under 17s can’t play with their clubs adult team this year?
I'd say they can next year. This is for 2024 I think?
It's all quite confusing. Think it goes to congress next

Just out of curiosity was the motion by Ilen rovers the only one defeated at the Convention?
Which motion had they?

The clann na Gael one on age grades must have been defeated anyway , they were for u17s playing adult

There were hardly any motions actually on the agenda this year I think

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼