The Andrew Tate thread …

Yeah. That was definitely the point of the clip alright.
The point of the clip is that a woman is speaking up, a respected woman, after men have been saying this for ages and somehow men are supposed to be grateful?

Not only that, but she still makes it about women. Despite laying out a multitude of ways men are in the shit she still brings it back to women being raped and sexually assaulted. As though the only reason to help men is some self serving interest? It can't just be, "Men are dying in huge numbers because of suicide?" Or, "Education isn't serving men?"

As for this new discovery of "I see this [dealing with men's troubles] as an extension of my feminism" that was supposedly a part of feminism for donkey's years. That the patriarchy has been hurting men as long as it's been hurting women. That father's rights, much as you were helping another poster in another thread, and the problem father's encounter is a feminist problem as much as it's a "woman's problem" or "men's problem."

This seems like grandstanding. Especially with an argument that people have been making for a long time and have been broadly ignored on. And people aren't supposed to be angry that it's being posted in a pithy link with someone selling a book?

And this isn't just me being bitter about one gender being treated a certain way while another was treated a different way. This isn't just what would be justified bitterness at blatant inequality. It's annoyance, and a little schadenfreude, at the fucking mess that was created when one group of people continued the spiral of anger and hate when they were claiming to end it. And to fight for what was right.

I broadly think Moran is correct. I think it's important that she's saying this. I think it's ludicrous to treat this as something groundbreaking or novel. I think it's insulting to treat this like it isn't something people have been trying to raise for long before a Newsnight tweet happened* And I only say all this out of respect for Caitlin Moran. She's an influential media member. To not recognise or point out the hypocrisy that's gone before, however, is shameful.

*Albeit, not as long as women were trying to get the vote. But to see a group of activists turn around and do the same thing they claimed they were trying to stop. Well, that's just fucking hilarious, if it wasn't so sad.

The point of the clip is that a woman is speaking up, a respected woman, after men have been saying this for ages and somehow men are supposed to be grateful?

Not only that, but she still makes it about women. Despite laying out a multitude of ways men are in the shit she still brings it back to women being raped and sexually assaulted. As though the only reason to help men is some self serving interest? It can't just be, "Men are dying in huge numbers because of suicide?" Or, "Education isn't serving men?"

As for this new discovery of "I see this [dealing with men's troubles] as an extension of my feminism" that was supposedly a part of feminism for donkey's years. That the patriarchy has been hurting men as long as it's been hurting women. That father's rights, much as you were helping another poster in another thread, and the problem father's encounter is a feminist problem as much as it's a "woman's problem" or "men's problem."

This seems like grandstanding. Especially with an argument that people have been making for a long time and have been broadly ignored on. And people aren't supposed to be angry that it's being posted in a pithy link with someone selling a book?

And this isn't just me being bitter about one gender being treated a certain way while another was treated a different way. This isn't just what would be justified bitterness at blatant inequality. It's annoyance, and a little schadenfreude, at the fucking mess that was created when one group of people continued the spiral of anger and hate when they were claiming to end it. And to fight for what was right.

I broadly think Moran is correct. I think it's important that she's saying this. I think it's ludicrous to treat this as something groundbreaking or novel. I think it's insulting to treat this like it isn't something people have been trying to raise for long before a Newsnight tweet happened* And I only say all this out of respect for Caitlin Moran. She's an influential media member. To not recognise or point out the hypocrisy that's gone before, however, is shameful.

*Albeit, not as long as women were trying to get the vote. But to see a group of activists turn around and do the same thing they claimed they were trying to stop. Well, that's just fucking hilarious, if it wasn't so sad.
I haven't seen men say this. Nor have I seen anyone request that men be grateful for this.

And who suggested this was either ground-breaking or novel?

He's some gowl in fairness. That said he managed to make multi millions talking shit on the interwebz so I'm well jealo. I've been talking shit on the net since the late 90s and I haven't earnt a penny.

I haven't seen men say this. Nor have I seen anyone request that men be grateful for this.

And who suggested this was either ground-breaking or novel?
You mean men haven't been talking about suicide rates or low educational attainment levels among boys and men? You mean men haven't been talking about father's rights? You mean men haven't been talking about the times they were sexually assaulted? And it was laughed off, and dismissed.

I think you haven't been watching the world for the past while. Or else you've forgotten a thread you were taking part in offering "not legal" advice just a few days ago.

And if you haven't seen father's rights, or sexual assault on men, or education levels and educational attainment levels in men being discussed for the past X years then surely you do think this is ground-breaking and/or novel.

And if you think it's ground breaking and novel surely men should be grateful that their plight is finally being raised?

You mean men haven't been talking about suicide rates or low educational attainment levels among boys and men? You mean men haven't been talking about father's rights? You mean men haven't been talking about the times they were sexually assaulted? And it was laughed off, and dismissed.

I think you haven't been watching the world for the past while. Or else you've forgotten a thread you were taking part in offering "not legal" advice just a few days ago.

And if you haven't seen father's rights, or sexual assault on men, or education levels and educational attainment levels in men being discussed for the past X years then surely you do think this is ground-breaking and/or novel.

And if you think it's ground breaking and novel surely men should be grateful that their plight is finally being raised?
I haven't seen this topic being discussed in the way Caitlin is discussing it. I never said it was either ground breaking or novel.

The notion that feminism has "gone too far" and that men are the real victims now is objectively bullshit.

I think you are extremely angry around this topic, and I don't feel like being the brunt of rage dressed up as debate...

I haven't seen this topic being discussed in the way Caitlin is discussing it. I never said it was either ground breaking or novel.

I think you are extremely angry around this topic, and I don't feel like being the brunt of rage dressed up as debate...
This is how you treat other people, Matlock.

And you're often correct.

Much like I am now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼