Teddy Mac RIP

R.I.P. Teddy, you gave us some incredible memories and in our youth we all wanted to jump as high and as gracefully as you for the ball, in either code.
Deepest sympathies to his family and clubs.
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Fx90w2QXgAMzhx5

Carmona. Was that the interclass games in the new mon field as we called it? He was in the M class. I didn't realise how good he was at the time because at that time Tony sull was the king. But once that group were gone Teddy was outstanding especially in 81 Harry final.
My vivid memory is of half time in 82 harty final against Flannans. The team came in after having been destroyed in the first time and he roared "come on" at his teammates as they entered the dressing room. He came out in the second half played centrefold And turned the game. It ended in a draw and they nearly won on the day. Replaying go as well but that halftime image always remained with me.
Dave Mac was a fine player too.!!
Rip Teddy. Thanks for the memories
I think you could be right, lad. My memories of secondary school are shocking. I gave up hurling soon after as my eyesight wasn't great, have worn glasses ever since. The game I remember was probably 1980. We'd've been 15. The whole thing is triggering other memories now........ I'll leave it here though, don't want to derail the thread.

RTE radio played a clip of Teddy bemoaning the fact that demands on players these days has seen the end of the dual
player, He was critical of managers who told players they could only play one code,

RIP to a Cork hero, legend and absolute icon of a player. Was lucky enough to be at both finals in 1990 to witness the double in person. Teddy was always the player who would get the crowd going in either code, influenced generations that followed and definitely gone far too soon. A sad day for the GAA in general and big loss to the community of Cork as a whole.

Teddy was standing about 6 feet away from me last Saturday at the Cork/Kerry could not believe it when i first heard the news.While he was a great player in both codes people may not know he was also a great supporter of both codes. Best game for Cork imho was Killarney 1987 replay v tipp. May he rest in peace.

RIP Teddy
A true Irish and Cork sporting legend, a character on and off the pitch who could bend a game at his will.
Gave unbelievable service to his club and county, a constant presence attending both codes also for club and county.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼