Teddy Mac RIP

Lee Teddy was out injured for most of the 1990 season came on as a sub against Antrim and played in the final. was told once he play 3.5 games to win the double.
That true, but he still played in Both Finals, Denis Walsh played in six of the 9 games that completed the double. but unfortunately for Denis only 22 players would get medals , that has since changed.

That true, but he still played in Both Finals, Denis Walsh played in six of the 9 games that completed the double. but unfortunately for Denis only 22 players would get medals , that has since changed.
In 1987 Teddy played in Munster hurling draw and replay v Limerick, draw and replay which went into extra time v Tipp, in football draw and replay v Kerry, draw and replay v Galway , and Meath in the final where made one of the most unreal fetch s from the sky .....

Thought it a bit harsh that Denis Walsh who was afaicr listed as a sub wasn't brought on for the final minutes of the Football Final. I bought one of the Double Photos that the players had to sell (was pride of place next to the photo of the Glen 89 County Champions in my house in my single days) and Denis Walsh didn't pose with the football team for the photo - it was just a photo added after.

Thought it a bit harsh that Denis Walsh who was afaicr listed as a sub wasn't brought on for the final minutes of the Football Final. I bought one of the Double Photos that the players had to sell (was pride of place next to the photo of the Glen 89 County Champions in my house in my single days) and Denis Walsh didn't pose with the football team for the photo - it was just a photo added after.
Teddy was apparently very much of the view that Denis Walsh should have gotten his medal. There was a conversation about it on the Dalo hurling podcast last week.

Lee Teddy was out injured for most of the 1990 season came on as a sub against Antrim and played in the final. was
In the hurling championship, he started the first two rounds against Kerry and Waterford, missed the Munster final, came on against Antrim and played the AI final
In football, he started against Limerick in the Munster semi-final, and the AI final.

Teddy made his debut for Cork hurlers in the All Ireland final of 1986 and never won a Munster senior hurling medal afaik
He came on as a sub in 1992 munster final against Limerick

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼