TD wants Queen to reign in Ireland

Erm, do you not think this was all said with tongue firmly in cheek? A funny way of finger pointing at the mess FF have left the country. This is, after all, the man who turned John O'Donoghue epeöeptic on just his first day as Ceann Comhairle.

Indeed. It didn't originate with him, but it's funny nonetheless as it has both the rhetorical punch you mention and the advantage of winding up the more binary minded republicans no-end.

Fair enough but the man is seated in the opposition so isn't it his job to get up the governments arse? I doubt very much Biffo would be in a hurry to hand the reigns over to John Bull, so in saying that FF have fecked the place over and that, the Tans would do a better job with us, which nobody but a small minority would really want, he's highlighting, Vote FG, were the only option. I'd take his comments with a whole bottle of Saxa!

Plus even the Queen isn't dumb enought to want to rule present day Ireland . I'd say she say alright let me have a look at the books first. No doubt biffo and Co would say 'er what books m'am .

You couldn't give Ireland away at the minute.

It was tongue in cheek

If there's one FG TD who definitely wouldn't hold those views, it's Ring. He's the complete opposite of the patrician, anglophile FG stereotype.

irish people always refer to her as the queen not the queen of england. if they were talking about other foreign royalty they refer to them as the king of spain not the the king or the arch duke prince of a smoke and a pancake of holland not the arch duke prince of a smoke and a pancake.

they dont see her as foreign. take that c32 you provo terrorist.

irish people always refer to her as the queen not the queen of england. if they were talking about other foreign royalty they refer to them as the king of spain not the the king or the arch duke prince of a smoke and a pancake of holland not the arch duke prince of a smoke and a pancake.

they dont see her as foreign. take that c32 you provo terrorist.

:lol: me? You haven't read many of my posts have ya?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼