TD wants Queen to reign in Ireland

How old are ya? I'm not a member of SF and tis far from rattled I am. You clearly didn't read anything but the post you quoted. Run along now and check the third post I made in this thread.
The fact you would seem to get a kick out of "shinners" being rattled tells me all I need to know.

It's obvious he wasn't declaring a regression in FG policy. But there are many FG supporters I know personally who would readily admit they'd love to return to a pre-21 position.I just happen to think it's the kind of disparaging, inappropriate remark that has kept FG out of government and turns people off supporting them.

I'd say that they know how to wind you up and have a good laugh.

*Sigh* this tired, unoriginal BS again? Sure didn't some lad say it on the Late Late back in the 80s?

If we manage not to cause the death by starvation and disease or emmigration of a quarter of the population then we'll still be doing considerably better than the previous adminsitration

you say it like you hope it would get rejected

Id love nothing more than scotland to get independence just to witness the utter rattlement of ulster unionists as the uk falls apart but it isnt likely to happen anytime soon.

Its just the way people seem to give scotland complete innocence when they have been more than willing partners in the uk and there is still quite alot of them who consider themselves brits.

How old are ya? I'm not a member of SF and tis far from rattled I am. You clearly didn't read anything but the post you quoted. Run along now and check the third post I made in this thread.
The fact you would seem to get a kick out of "shinners" being rattled tells me all I need to know.

It's obvious he wasn't declaring a regression in FG policy. But there are many FG supporters I know personally who would readily admit they'd love to return to a pre-21 position.I just happen to think it's the kind of disparaging, inappropriate remark that has kept FG out of government and turns people off supporting them.

hahahaha, your fg friends are winding you up id say.
im 37, how old are u? you may not be a member but your a supporter i bet.
admit it, you nearly creamed yourself in your rush to post dis topic up here as proof that wen fine gael get into power we'll all be singing gstq.
wed be better off with her in charge anyway after seeing the damage the 'nationalist party' fianna fail have done.
only an idiot could see that as a disparaging inappropiate remark when the intent was obviously to wind up republican head da balls & ff'ers

hahahaha, your fg friends are winding you up id say.
im 37, how old are u? you may not be a member but your a supporter i bet.
admit it, you nearly creamed yourself in your rush to post dis topic up here as proof that wen fine gael get into power we'll all be singing gstq.
wed be better off with her in charge anyway after seeing the damage the 'nationalist party' fianna fail have done.
only an idiot could see that as a disparaging inappropiate remark when the intent was obviously to wind up republican head da balls & ff'ers

Firstly I apologise gingin, was being a bit smart - 37 here too.
Secondly TCL - yes they are card carrying members and no they weren't winding me up.
Thirdly, I know that Ring wasn't being serious per my 3rd post hence why I put a smiley after the "they have form" comment.
Fourthly as to me being an idiot to think it was disparaging and inappropriate.

Much as I wouldn't vote for FG, I hope they are in government on their own or with a small few independents or a smaller party after the next election. We have a lot of problems and in my opinion they need to be fixed by a national government but in the absence of that - FG on their own or as close to is the next best thing.

I just happen to think we run ourselves down as a nation (even in jest) all too easy. If we spent more time finding solutions instead of regurgitating the doom and gloom mantra then we would be alot better off. If it isn't RTE or the O'Reilly Rag, it's public reps looking for an easy sound-bite or publicity. A bit of positivity wouldn't go astray.

1001001101. ;)

:p

1.green 2.orange
1. lambeg 2. bodhrán

3. MU
muth.jpg

/moo/ The correct answer to the classic trick question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?". Assuming that you have no wife or you have never beaten your wife, the answer "yes" is wrong because it implies that you used to beat your wife and then stopped, but "no" is worse because it suggests that you have one and are still beating her. According to various Discordians and Douglas Hofstadter the correct answer is usually "mu", a Japanese word alleged to mean "Your question cannot be answered because it depends on incorrect assumptions". Hackers tend to be sensitive to logical inadequacies in language, and many have adopted this suggestion with enthusiasm. The word "mu" is actually from Chinese, meaning "nothing"; it is used in mainstream Japanese in that sense, but native speakers do not recognise the Discordian question-denying use. It almost certainly derives from overgeneralisation of the answer in the following well-known Rinzei Zen teaching riddle: A monk asked Joshu, "Does a dog have the Buddha nature?" Joshu retorted, "Mu!" See also {has the X nature}, {AI Koan}. [Douglas Hofstadter, "Gdel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid"].

Last edited:
Mu - I must remember that.

See I think lambeg and bodhrán as one and green and orange as one.

How about this if unity is one ( and it is kind of appropriate ) and partition is zero, cos in essence the nation hasn't been re-integrated, would that be binary enough for ya ? ;). :lol:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼