Springsteen to play Cork 2013

Got a ticket for Hamburg as a present, but prices are through the roof. Just checked on Ticketmaster and saw tickets for €500. :oops:
Didn't really enjoy the gig. Maybe I didn't have enough to drink.

I only like Nebraska and some of Born in the USA so not really a fan, but I regard Springsteen as a good songwriter, performer and astute social commentator.

I think what irked me was this gig, and presumably the whole tour, was about Springsteen. It wasn't about the ordinary guy working on the highway, it wasn't about how structural unemployment and financial crises lead to suffering, it wasn't about being stuck in some drab town off the Jersey turnpike.

Without the social or political commentary, Springsteen is just another megabucks star playing to a stadium full of people paying tiered pricing for the privilege and cheerleading.

Any poetry in his songs was drowned out by the audience clapping along like demented grinning chimps banging cymbals.

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band delivered "the greatest show on earth" (Billboard) across Europe this past summer, and they'll make a triumphant return to the continent in 2024 with a just-announced 22-show stadium run:

May 5 - Cardiff, Wales @ Principality Stadium (On-sale: Friday, Nov. 3 at 10am*)

May 9 - Belfast, Northern Ireland @ Boucher Road (On-sale: Monday, Nov. 6 at 8am*)

May 12 - Kilkenny, Ireland @ Nowlan Park (On-sale: Monday, Nov. 6 at 8am*)

May 16 - Cork, Ireland @ Páirc Uí Chaoimh (On-sale: Monday, Nov. 6 at 8am*)

May 19 - Dublin, Ireland @ Croke Park (On-sale: Monday, Nov. 6 at 8am*)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼