Sounds from a safe harbour fest

You were right! Was in meeting til 12:45 then ran up to UCC only to be turned away at the door! People were queuing since 12 to get in - bloody meetings!!! :(

People only started arriving at around 12:30. I was there at 12:15 and there were only two others waiting.

Anyway, it was fascinating, fun, really beautiful in parts.

It lasted for just over an hour.

Really enjoyed the free music trail today - Talos and My Brightest Diamond were particularly great. Only negative is that the timing was a little off which meant Brian Deady started late and I had to leave after 2/3 songs to see My Brightest Diamond in Crane Lane.

The National Symphony Orchestra performance in the Opera House tonight was very good too. Wouldn't be the kind of thing I'd normally go to but I thought it was fun. The first piece, with the Dessners performing, was particularly good.

People only started arriving at around 12:30. I was there at 12:15 and there were only two others waiting.

Anyway, it was fascinating, fun, really beautiful in parts.

It lasted for just over an hour.

The peeps on the door said that people were queuing since 12 - probably exaggerating to make us late comers feel a bit better as we would never had made it by then. Sounded good alright, still fuming about my extended meeting though!!

Caught Talos and Mina Tindle - sublime!

Any reports from Wild Beasts last night?

I wanted to go, but the concert was too late.
Adding a superfluous support band that pushed the main act more late in the night is what stopped me from purchasing a ticket.

I saw a few tweets that were pretty positive but same boat - no way I could have gone. Presuming that Young Wonder weren't on until midnight for 30-45 minutes, Wild Beasts would've been after 1 for at least 90 minutes, maybe even longer. Crazy scheduling.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

9th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼