Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Hilarious old world alright - I voted for SF, a political party in Cork South Central specifically Donncha O'Laoghaire - are you saying he is meeting with gun runners, drug dealers and paramilitaries? No? I didn't think so.

My position on violence is clear.

I am not a fan of Arlene because I fundamentally disagree with her politics. I am sure she is a perfectly genuine and decent enough person, I have never met her.

But as I said, we are having this conversation because I call it all out not just one side.
And you have no issues at all with DOL clapping that scummy one from some shithole.part of Dumplin, at their recent Ard Dheis ?

You know, the scummy one who was remarking at how heroic those " fighting for the cause " were

If you vote for him, then you have no issue with IRA scum and that is all about it.

How the fuck anyone can vote for them and not think they are not the IRA is some joke.

Maybe the Brits are right, maybe we do have shit loads of thick people in this country

And you have no issues at all with DOL clapping that scummy one from some shithole.part of Dumplin, at their recent Ard Dheis ?

You know, the scummy one who was remarking at how heroic those " fighting for the cause " were

If you vote for him, then you have no issue with IRA scum and that is all about it.

How the fuck anyone can vote for them and not think they are the IRA is some joke.

Maybe the Brits are right, maybe we do have shit loads of thick people in this country
Told you before.
I have voted for SF.
We don't agree on this.

But to be clear for the umpteenth time, i have always slammed all the barbarity and murder of the troubles on all sides. I have never justified, equivocated or rationalised any of it. Across 2 IDs I have been entirely consistent always about pIRA, INLA, IPLO, RHC, UVF, UDA, LVF, UFF as well as state sponsored and colluded murder.

By your logic 34% of the Irish electorate currently support pIRA. At the last election 24.5% of the electorate gave SF 37 seats because they support pIRA. You're an intelligent guy. Hating everything about SF is one thing, but you really think that's the case?

Or could it be that SF are hoovering the opposition vote as the largest party not in government while the big 2 combined drop to low 40s, in 2016 it was just below 50 dropping from 70-80 percent combined at the beginning of the state. Because as I posted to you before it is 2022. The GFA is 25 years old nearly. There are voters who have never experienced a daily 6 o'clock news that routinely had a murder or bombing or attack on it. They didn't live through that as we did.

I'm not a SF member. I don't canvass for them. I have attended one meeting of theirs as an invitee from FF in 1997/8 in Dublin and was interviewed by detectives on O'Connell St afterwards.
I voted them for the first time I think in 2016 GE not sure about 2011.

That's my view openly and honestly.

Told you before.
I have voted for SF.
We don't agree on this.

But to be clear for the umpteenth time, i have always slammed all the barbarity and murder of the troubles on all sides. I have never justified, equivocated or rationalised any of it. Across 2 IDs I have been entirely consistent always about pIRA, INLA, IPLO, RHC, UVF, UDA, LVF, UFF as well as state sponsored and colluded murder.

By your logic 34% of the Irish electorate currently support pIRA. At the last election 24.5% of the electorate gave SF 37 seats because they support pIRA. You're an intelligent guy. Hating everything about SF is one thing, but you really think that's the case?

Or could it be that SF are hoovering the opposition vote as the largest party not in government while the big 2 combined drop to low 40s, in 2016 it was just below 50 dropping from 70-80 percent combined at the beginning of the state. Because as I posted to you before it is 2022. The GFA is 25 years old nearly. There are voters who have never experienced a daily 6 o'clock news that routinely had a murder or bombing or attack on it. They didn't live through that as we did.

I'm not a SF member. I don't canvass for them. I have attended one meeting of theirs as an invitee from FF in 1997/8 in Dublin and was interviewed by detectives on O'Connell St afterwards.
I voted them for the first time I think in 2016 GE not sure about 2011.

That's my view openly and honestly.
I appreciate your honesty, that is a rarity here of course with the usual level of morons on here.

I noted you mentioned you were in FF as was Soundy, do you lads see this shower as some sort of an extension of FF ?

Fair enough point about the GFA being 25 years old and people not seeing the devastation we all did every night on the news.
What I just cannot understand though is how you can remember that, but at the same time support them.

They are all the same and that is not just me saying that.

Look last week in Kerry SF had a private function for an IRA man called Ferris, also a candidate for SF down there up to not so long ago. The false leader of SF was in attendance, for this IRA mans big night.

Now you say the GFA was 25 years ago, when was it again that Ferris went and collected the scumbag that shot dead Garda Gerry Mc Cabe in Co Limerick, from prison ?

Do you agree with the false leader of SF that the IRA were in someway different to the likes of the Kinihans ?

Again DOL did applaud that SF/IRA spokeswoman in Dublin a few weeks ago, does that in anyway plant a query in your mind as to what it is exactly that you are supporting?

Their sole aim is to achieve a United Ireland at any cost, as Stacky said earlier they will use anything to get in, whether that is promises about housing, health, education....anything to get in, to do what they failed to do through terrorism.

I agree with almost all of that.
I left FF in 98.
I tried to get nominated and was clear it was never going to happen.

In 97/8 as part of the National Youth Committee/Exec we held an initial meeting with SF and they reciprocated by inviting us to the first OSF national conference. I left early because they decided to go out and trash a couple of unmarked Garda cars outside which made the news that day. As I rounded onto O'Connell St 2 detectives stopped and questioned me, scared the life outta me.

I believe in Irish unity. I always have.
I have voted for them because I believe the unity cause is worth supporting. These days I support Irelands Future, Shared Island Podcast, Think32 and the broader civic movement which is now gaining moment.

On your specific points - Ferris, like Ellis, Gerry Kelly in the North are ex-IRA. In order for the "normalisation" of politics in SF and the broader republican movement there's an element of ensuring everyone stays on board. You can see it in McGuinness meeting the Queen, his presidential run, MON attending cross community events. Unfortunately there are still rubicons to be crossed. And the reason that they have not been crossed totally is because to many still alive in the North including known members of what used to be the Army Council some statements are a bridge too far. So for example increasingly you'll hear condemnation of horrific events in the troubles but you won't hear a denial of legitimacy to the armed struggle not because they don't want to but because it is still a step too far.

I posted before the re-emergence of the IRA in 68/69 poses some uncomfortable questions. We created camps on the Curragh for people fleeing what was happening. Pogroms, shootings, attacks, what we would now call ethnic cleansing including what we now know included state collusion. The first 2-3 years were about defence of the nationalist people. Bear in mind Haughey and Blaney gun running when the cabinet voted against direct intervention of any kind.
The uncomfortable question being faced with that onslaught what would we have done?

However that changed in 71/72 with the split and the conscious decision to go on the offensive. After that Tom Barry is quoted as saying that if the Guildford bombing had delivered a united Ireland land of milk and honey he wouldn't have done it because it targeted civilians. The descent into barbarity, depravity and sickening murder and violence from there is utterly disgusting and horrific and as you and others have posted and I agree, actually set back reunification by decades and must be condemned unequivocally.

In my old ID I posted that RIRA , CIRA or New IRA use attacks like yesterday to cover drug running etc in much the same way the UVF UDA do as well.
The Kinihans now supply both sides apparently because Larne supply has shut down, rhe real reason the UVF hate the protocol.

I think a vote for SF now reinforces the purely democratic means. You'll see I have posted repeatedly that I don't think they'll ever be in government, that MLMcD is a poor leader who seems to want to maximise the protest vote but dive for opposition on mid 30s support, that the next election is their last chance to prove otherwise. I think the broader civic movement is going to make significant advances and will literally as well symbolically usurp the unity cause from SF, they never owned it anyway.

They will never be in power in Dublin.
At the rate things are going, I don't think MON will see her mandate respected and in all likelihood never will. Saw a poll from Lucidtalk during the week that 60 odd percent of DUP TUV voters would not want unionists working with an SF FM irrespective of what happens on the protocol.

There is a real, understandable hatred of SF here. The most of us are of an age to understand why. But f we believe in the GFA, the peace process, the underpinning of consent and democracy, then that means the DUP and SF will be the largest parties in the North and a vote for SF now here is not a vote for pIRA in my opinion. So rip them apart for their policies, slam Ellis and Ferris and Kelly for what they did, rightly.........but their mandate is as valid as FF or FG or any other party.

Ill continue ok but I feel from previous attempts I won't get an answer. I heard a code word was white Lilly. If you have any can you send them
Go in to the Harp bar and the third ladies toilet cubicle, the most recent code words are wrote down on the back of the cistern. Do not share this information with anyone.

sf occupy the position that labour once occupied, time will never heal the heartache of families on both sides but those who dont remember the troubles are only interested in getting a house and a perfectly functioning health service without paying extra taxes,
I agree with procna, sf will not be in power next time out, ff may be power hungry but i reckon they wont agree to coalition.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼