Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

36% will get them more than 50 jimmym probably closer to 65/70 depending on candidates ran and vote management. But as I said they will be cannibalising their potential coalition partners in doing it so finding the other 10-15 will be the problem. If the government get 41% according to the poll today in the IT, they will get much closer to the 80 and maybe even get there based on the fact they will transfer between them.
Didn't FG recently have a minority government with less than 70 seats?

And as it is FG have been in office well over 10 years, and they've been aided and abetted by FF in that for more than 7 years. But they look like makeing things worse rather than sorting things out
Volunteer Sound_y preparing to endure 20 years of torment and hell before things get "better".

Bravo

Didn't FG recently have a minority government with less than 70 seats?
As I have often posted since FG first got in after the crash....

Biggest Dáil majority.
Constructive opposition from FF, coalition sugar free
Confidence and Supply from FF, coalition lite
Coalition........

Soon to be merger.

So you're right technically but in real terms, wasn't really a minority.
Bit like, technically the government don't have a working majority yet won 85 66.

36% for SF getting say 70 seats, on a good candidate andvotemanagement strategy.....where are the other 10 coming from?

Seize??? Power? That's exactly the kind of claptrap that FF-FG and their internet trolls spout. FFS there's nobody SEIZING power - it'll be a general election.

And the squeezed middle class people already got a terrible land when they voted for change at the last General Election but still ended up with the neo-Liberals of FG-FF.

*Sigh*

First off, that was a jokey post, I would have thought the tone and the poster of Bacik on her bicycle would have that clear.

Secondly you are saying that we have a coalition of neo liberals? I don't think you understand the term you're using tbh.

The government certainly havn't cut spending or privatised public services. Any deregulation in the last two years that I've missed?

You really shouldn't bandy about this kind of policy model when you don't know what it means. It makes you sound foolish.

Wanna a wager on that? You can fix the terms ;)
Nope. You think they'll stay separate? It's unsustainable given their declining numbers.

Say in 3 or 4 years FG are high teens and FF mid teens, then government will require massive amounts of compromise. I don't see the Greens making up the shortfall so it would be Greens and Indies.......would they do that kind of deal ? Absolutely......could they do that deal? Would be increasingly difficult.

Groundwork has been laid per my post for a decade. FF leader and Taoiseach goes to Béal na mBláth to give joint oration with FG leader and Tánaiste - if you said that in a CDC meeting in FF in 2007 you'd have been laughed at.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Kerbdog - 30th Anniversary Show
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Underground Loft

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼