Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

I read her book, she was some lunatic
In 1974 ( when I was first aware of news ) European revolutionaries were like rock stars.

Andreas Baader, Ulrike Meinhoff, Gudrun Elissesn in West Germany.

Dr Rose Dugdale (RTE always gave her academic title ) and Eddie Gallagher were the Irish version.

The Shankill Butchers on the other hand were talked as if from a horror movie, and Lenny Murphy was mentioned in the news alot

It depends on the child I guess. Talented kids will do well regardless of what type of school they go to, where as more challenged youngsters might need their hand held along the way in a fee paying school.

I went to a community school and got over 500 points in my LC. There were many of my classmates who did far better than that
Challenged youngsters do not do well in private schools. Firstly they don't get in unless they are a legacy student because the entrance exams take in the top students. The poorer legacy students end up in pass classes with the worst teachers. However most of these poorer students come from money so end up in Daddy's business regardless of their results.

That's a good point that I hadn't considered.

My school was survival of the fittest. Lads tried to bully me in first and second year til they realised I didn't give a fuck, and they moved onto fellas who'd give them the reaction they were looking for.

My school was a weird mix of rich kids, kids from working class families, kids from single parent families, and the occasional traveller.

Some of the shit that went on was unbelievable. On lunch one day a lad set fire to a bin in the yard and fucked it through a window.

One of many happy memories I have of the place. It may not be as mad as the teacher in Christians telling lads they'd burn in the fires of hell, but we had a few memorable moments.

It wasn't Douglas Com by any chance? That kind of mahem-mix between creche and zoo was still prevalent a few years back under that long string of uselessness - though I'm told the newer principal has improved things

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Captain Kangaroo

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼