Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party ??

In my opinion the process is flawed: like holding a referendum in “The People’s Republic of Luhansk” to ask if they wanted to be part of Russia.
A majority of people in an occupied gerrymandered region of Ireland is not reflective of the Irish people.
It is what we fully agreed to back in 1998 via the Good Friday Agreement and our Constitution.

The Brits have zero interest in that declining hellhole as it is just a big glorified County Council populated by some bigoted tribal lunatics and costing them a fortune annually.

Latest Poll on unity in todays Irish Times.
View attachment 27195

View attachment 27194

It is just not happening anytime soon by any measure and better for the Government to keep the focus on the serious issues in the country that need more urgent attention and resources
If SF get into government then they'll start agitating immediately. After all, they have only one real policy, a UI. That will lead to a border poll or a civil war, bringing us into it.

Btw I think that RoI number is very soft. Hardly anyone down has have given any thought to the implications of a UI under the current circumstances where there is no meeting of minds between both communities, and worse, the republicans are dismissive of the other side in a sort of tough shit sorta way. If the loyalists start trouble down here, I think we'll be in for a rough time.

And then of course there's the economic cost to us, as they are a basket case.

Stockholm syndrome is a coping mechanism to a captive or abusive situation. People develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time. This condition applies to situations including child abuse, coach-athlete abuse, relationship abuse and sex trafficking.
Stockholm syndrome is horseshit

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stolen (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼