Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party ??

Heard whispers of trouble in the camp in east cork
Wasn't there trouble there before with bullying or sumthing? With Sandra McLellan

Edit, found it

A former Sinn Fein councillor has claimed the party is ruled by a male- dominated culture, with women and young councillors being told what to do by older, non-elected officials.

June Murphy, a Cork county councillor who left the party two years ago, said a person who she claims bullied her in the Cork East constituency was promoted after an internal party review into disciplinary issues. She decided to leave the party because she could not continue to work for people who bullied both her and the former TD Sandra McLellan.

Murphy refused to resign her council seat in Fermoy after a review by Sinn Fein led to the expulsion of councillor Kieran McCarthy from the party and the suspension of councillor Melissa Mullane.

In an interview on the Opinion Line show on Cork’s 96FM on Friday, Murphy said she had unwittingly walked into the middle of a civil war in Cork East when she agreed to become a candidate in the 2014 local elections.

It just amazes me, for a party that talks about transparency, justice, democracy, all those words, none of it exists in the party
She claims to have been deliberately given wrong information about canvassing times, and then blamed by local party members for turning up at the wrong time. She said McLellan told Gerry Adams, Mary Lou McDonald and Declan Kearney, the party chairman, of the extent of the bullying in the constituency, but she had never received a phone call from any of them. “It just amazes me, for a party that talks about transparency, justice, democracy, all those words, none of it exists in the party,” she said.
“It’s really aggressive and no one is stopping them. They promoted my bully. It is a culture of men, it gives you the illusion that they support women, they do not; they tell the women what to do.”
Sinn Fein has said the claims are an insult to thousands of party members across the country, particularly female members, “many of whom are outraged at councillor Murphy’s comments”.
Murphy predicted Adams would still effectively control the party after he stepped down as president in the coming months or years.
“I worry about people in that party,” said Murphy. “I had an opportunity to run in the general election if I wanted to. I was told I’d be given the full support of the party, but I couldn’t sit up there and know this was what was really going on and to work for the people [still in the party] who did that to Sandra and to do it to me.”

Last edited:
Latest Poll on unity in todays Irish Times.
1701527191668.png

1701527152811.png

It is just not happening anytime soon by any measure and better for the Government to keep the focus on the serious issues in the country that need more urgent attention and resources

Latest Poll on unity in todays Irish Times.
View attachment 27195

View attachment 27194

It is just not happening anytime soon by any measure and better for the Government to keep the focus on the serious issues in the country that need more urgent attention and resources
Heard a radio report on this, when asked if the result of the vote was to stay in uk
59% of NI catholics would happily accept it and get on with life,
while majority of catholics desire united ireland it is not the burning desire some claim.it to be,

In my opinion the process is flawed: like holding a referendum in “The People’s Republic of Luhansk” to ask if they wanted to be part of Russia.
A majority of people in an occupied gerrymandered region of Ireland is not reflective of the Irish people.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Whiplash ( Metallica Tribute )

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼