Shiftin' Pages on Facebook

Anyone seen these? I had a look at them myself today and found them to be highly amusing.

Basically they are pages set up on facebook where people put up photos of people shifting in nightclubs and wherever. Each college and even towns have them and people tag the photos of the people that are in them. There are a few photos that are OTT but it's generally very funny. However the papers see otherwise and now these pages have began to cause a bit of uproar around the country.

If you are on facebook then I suggest you take a look. Just type NUI Galway Shiftin' page into search and look from there. I said start there because they are apparently the founders of the whole thing. Below is a link to article about it in Wednesday's examiner:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/kfojeykfkfsn/rss2/

People running them are in very dodgy water.

I know in UCC one of the rules of the college that they use as a catch all is "bringing the college into disrepute",

wouldn't want to be one of the fella's admining them then.

Already heard a story of a young girl who was very upset. Picture a couple of months old went up, new boyfriend see's it and isn't too happy...

The most worrying thing about this is the amount of foxy people who are actually gettin' some action. Hopefully just a Galway thing. I can see why people are complaining though.

359wcbr.jpg

People running them are in very dodgy water.

I know in UCC one of the rules of the college that they use as a catch all is "bringing the college into disrepute",

wouldn't want to be one of the fella's admining them then.

Already heard a story of a young girl who was very upset. Picture a couple of months old went up, new boyfriend see's it and isn't too happy...

Not sure how they could get in trouble for merely being an aggregate page for pictures that are already up for public consumption on the internet.

The people in the pictures are as much as fault as anyone.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Riki Matsuda: Happy Hour

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼