Serial child killer Black’s past revealed to trial.

Where in the name of fawk did you hear that?

There's no way a police officer would be allowed to stay on duty if his daughter was after being abducted. Pretty sure aswell IF that scenario had happened the police officer would have had him shot dead on the spot.

His daughter had only just been abducted at the time and it was a chance in a million that he pull the van over that Black was driving.

And if it had been me to open the boot of the van to find my child i would have shot the chap Black on the spot.

Fair enough. The prick doesn't deserve a break anyway.

It's meant only to be used where there is a prolific history that has to be relevant. I can't help but think there's something right about that.

I would want to see a lot of other evidence though, I don't want child murders cleared up on the basis of someone having done it before, that way the chances are there could well be a child murderer out there free to carry on.

I think that the state should be able to prove each case on its own merits and not rely on "well he did it before so he probably did it this time" at their proof.

I think that the state should be able to prove each case on its own merits and not rely on "well he did it before so he probably did it this time" at their proof.

Of course it shouldn't be about that no one is a winner if that happens.

But if someone has prolifically comitted a similar crime then if I'm honest I think maybe a jury should know. I don't think it's something that should be used to prop up a weak case though, and maybe that's what the judge considers before they decide if they will allow it or not.

I recall this Ghouls case quite well, I was living in Scotland at the time. My recollection of his arrest is that the wee girls father, an off duty policeman, miraculously witnessed the abduction from a distance, and took up the chase as quickly as he could in his car, he apprehended/stopped the creep as he was leaving the village and able to mercifully rescue the wee lass, some mention was made of the father administering some fairly rough justice on the spot fairly quite understandably. Perhaps oddly enough I didn’t see any mention however in online Scottish newspapers of this court case in Northern Ireland.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

21st May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Perfect Days (Pg)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼