Sam Maguire Festival Dunmanway 2009

Just back from the opening parade of the Sam Maguire Festival. Great evening. The award for the greatest football player over the last 25 years never to have recieved an All-Ireland Senior Football medal will be presented later on tonight. Just wondering who you would give the award to. Me, I would give it to Declan Browne Tipp. What do ye think?

Give it to Canty while ye still can! Seriously though excluding people playing in this years final, would consider this to be my top 5

1. Ciaran O'Sullivan
2. Declan Browne
3. Ciaran Whelan
4. Dermot Earley
5. Colin Corkery

Give it to Canty while ye still can! Seriously though excluding people playing in this years final, would consider this to be my top 5

1. Ciaran O'Sullivan
2. Declan Browne
3. Ciaran Whelan
4. Dermot Earley
5. Colin Corkery

I'll know the result in the morning.(the brother is at the marquee tonight) But I would agree with most of your top five. Just wondering does Mattie Forde qualify

I think Forde would have done wreck if he had been playing for the animals or tyrone. Unfortunately for him he was a year or two past his best when wexford had the great run a few years back. It's a great idea for a competition though, just bumped Matty for Dermot Earley on my list at the last second.

Joe Kavanagh? Class little player in his time and you'd forget he never won an All-Ireland...
Don Davis even classier player? Never forget that pass to John O for that goal in 1993. One of the best goals ever scored in an All-Ireland final.

Other counties maybe
Liam Mc Hale?
Michael Meehan?
Seamus Clancy?

I dunno can't think...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼