Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

If ever you needed a demonstration of how the war in Ukraine is echoing in Asia, the schedule of the Japanese and Chinese leaders offers a prime example.
Both are on strategic foreign visits on opposing sides of the conflict.
Japan's Prime Minister Fumio Kishida is in Kyiv where he is promising unwavering support to Ukraine's president, with talk of reconstruction and humanitarian aid.
China's Xi Jinping, meanwhile, is in Moscow and has been described by Russia's Vladimir Putin as a friend and a partner. China may insist it is neutral, but it looks more Moscow-leaning than honest broker right now.
On Tuesday, Mr Xi said China would prioritise its ties with Russia and described the two countries as "great neighbouring powers".
Given events in Moscow, the optics and timing of Mr Kishida's parallel trip is remarkable. So what can we read into it?

It is rare for a Japanese leader to make an unannounced foreign trip and Mr Kishida is the first to visit a country in conflict since World War Two.
The visit was kept a secret until just before his arrival early on Tuesday, with officials citing security concerns.
Great to see Russia confirm its future status as Chinas cheap energy and resources gimp.

It's sad to see countries like Zimbabwe and South Africa blindly following Russia down a cul de sac. I know they are free sovereign countries who can make their own decisions, but South Africa in particular should not be conducting joint military exercises with Russia.

I'm sure many Irish people will be disappointed in South Africa's stance and would have hoped for a more supportive, or at least neutral position on Ukraine, especially after the way we stood by them in their struggle against Apartheid regimes in the past. I wouldn't imagine Nelson Mandela would be supportive of a regime like Putins.
Problem is South Africa is following Zimbabwe down a hole with the same political policies. Another 10 years of the same Government and will be a basket case. So sad for a country that has everything to be prosperous.

If ever you needed a demonstration of how the war in Ukraine is echoing in Asia, the schedule of the Japanese and Chinese leaders offers a prime example.
Both are on strategic foreign visits on opposing sides of the conflict.
Japan's Prime Minister Fumio Kishida is in Kyiv where he is promising unwavering support to Ukraine's president, with talk of reconstruction and humanitarian aid.
China's Xi Jinping, meanwhile, is in Moscow and has been described by Russia's Vladimir Putin as a friend and a partner. China may insist it is neutral, but it looks more Moscow-leaning than honest broker right now.
On Tuesday, Mr Xi said China would prioritise its ties with Russia and described the two countries as "great neighbouring powers".
Given events in Moscow, the optics and timing of Mr Kishida's parallel trip is remarkable. So what can we read into it?

It is rare for a Japanese leader to make an unannounced foreign trip and Mr Kishida is the first to visit a country in conflict since World War Two.
The visit was kept a secret until just before his arrival early on Tuesday, with officials citing security concerns.

yup Xi is like the below:

FrtmzefXsAEnYWw

RussianPost in action. So if you were wondering why so often russian trolls are using this newspaper to back up their ill actions. Well allow me to point out that This journalist is simply... russian (she is, wife of Mr Ilyushin - a typical russian last name), pushing their agenda over. As in the article here, "it is all fault of Ukrainians as they are using drones to attack poor innocent orcs". No word about the fact it is orcs who attacked the Ukraine unprovoked and have committed numerous acts of atrocity and that Ukraine is defending. Would you think that there is a similar map attached showing russian attacks on civilians? They even claim that cutting off Crimea which is illegally occupied by russians since 2014 and the bridge is used to supply orcs to kill more people in Ukraine is Ukrainian fault.

but well, lies from orcs is nothing new, even herself is constantly lying:

The lie:

1679407014481-png.4818361

the reality:

1679407042737-png.4818364

They changed her first name to be more "Western" (should be Maria). She is russian from russia, working for WP.
Well this would be enough for 'freethinkers' in the US anyway ;)

You would have to wonder what game Xi thinks he's playing. He's backing Putin in every possible way and has stopped short of supplying lethal military aid only because he fears he'd get toppled by the masses if he gets sanctioned.

He's doesn't need to play to his domestic audience. The Western Word won't buy his clap trap and will dramatically reduce trade with China when Vlad is taken care of.

Dictators don't think rationally and he's in power long enough to start making very stupid decisions. His support of Vlad will prove very costly in the medium and long term.

It's sad to see countries like Zimbabwe and South Africa blindly following Russia down a cul de sac. I know they are free sovereign countries who can make their own decisions, but South Africa in particular should not be conducting joint military exercises with Russia.

I'm sure many Irish people will be disappointed in South Africa's stance and would have hoped for a more supportive, or at least neutral position on Ukraine, especially after the way we stood by them in their struggle against Apartheid regimes in the past. I wouldn't imagine Nelson Mandela would be supportive of a regime like Putins.

2/3 of the worlds population live in countries that are either neutral or Russia friendly, much of the global south, Africa, India and China. Business is business. Wouldn't surprise me if China sold arms or more likely, seemingly innocent material helpful to the war effort to Putin.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼