Revenue 2022

Our economic strategy is to attract businesses here so that they pay corporation tax here.
Nothing wrong with that. It’s not as if it’s a bonus or something: it’s a result of a carefully worked out strategy.

What I find a bit scary about this is how reliant we are on Corporation tax.

View attachment 18019
Yes we are wide open to market forces because of our concentration on tech companies. We do have a huge pharma sector which will help. The big worry would be the loss of advertising revenue for the high tech six. This is already happening so we can expect a big drop in corpo tax next year, possibly 50%,then you have the knock on effects from this and a probable recession to boot. Things could get very ugly but let's hope for the best 🙏

Yes we are wide open to market forces because of our concentration on tech companies. We do have a huge pharma sector which will help. The big worry would be the loss of advertising revenue for the high tech six. This is already happening so we can expect a big drop in corpo tax next year, possibly 50%,then you have the knock on effects from this and a probable recession to boot. Things could get very ugly but let's hope for the best 🙏

Just session through the recession m8

Just session through the recession m8
wpqsna0ocdf41.jpg

Oh I'm not worried personally but I do have concerns for young folk trying to manage on limited funds with no prospect of ever owning a house.
Well as I have said elsewhere, people have to depend on their own resources, like most of us did.
Stuff like staying at home with the folks and not actually moving in with the ol doll / wife / partner until their own home and mortgage is sorted.
I firmly believe here that the easy option of renting a place and then attempting to save for a mortgage is not possible in most cases.

Modular housing will be a feature in construction fairly soon and I believe that will be a game changer.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼