Referendum on Family & Care

What way are you voting

• Total voters
McDonald calls on people to come out and vote in tomorrow’s referendums
Sinn Féin Leader Mary Lou McDonald TD, speaking ahead of tomorrow’s referendums has said “Tomorrow is the day when the people have their voices heard and I am urging people to come out and have your say.”

Speaking this morning, she said:
“The government’s approach to these referendums was rushed and confused. They refused to allow the Opposition any input into the wording being put to the people, and it is my firm view that this was a mistake. The wording falls short of what was agreed by the Citizens Assembly and left many people in a very difficult position in relation to the referendums.

“The questions before us are about removing outdated, sexist language from the Constitution, recognising care and having a more inclusive definition of the family.
“Recognising care in the Constitution is welcome, but the government has comprehensively failed to support and resource carers and to provide enforceable rights and adequate services for people with a disability. I can fully understand and share their frustration.

“We see these changes as small steps forward and therefore on balance have advocated a yes vote. Whatever the results, this must be a catalyst for meaningful change for people with a disability, those who need care and carers, with government delivering the long overdue rights and supports that are badly needed.”

Sorry MarySue. We’ll leave things as they are thanks

:lol!:
Like what she is saying… pity she didn’t say it when she should.
I think SF by not opposing this referendum and siding with the people have done themselves and their political ambitions a lot of damage. They will need to recalibrate urgently

Yes,but also I grew up in a 1 parent family and never once did u feel we were not a "real family" as that moron Varadkar obviously tried to blackmail people into believing. I might add that never once in my lifetime was it ever said by a individual to me that we were not. We all know this government and their media cronies are not to be trusted ,they just tell lies, it going on wholesale the last 4 years.
Have to say the proc is a good polling source, once I saw the percentages here I felt very confident despite what the mainstream were spouting out trying to influence people's votes.😉

So the reason you are happy is because the Government lost ?

It’s just you answered “yes” to a question where there were two options.

Roderic O Gorman deffo has questions to answer and surpressing AGs findings is a big fuck up. Waste of tax payers money and should be brought in front of tbe PAC. Its bordering incompetence this whole fiasco

Roderic O Gorman deffo has questions to answer and surpressing AGs findings is a big fuck up. Waste of tax payers money and should be brought in front of tbe PAC. Its bordering incompetence this whole fiasco
Anytime government suffers such a defeat the position of the minister responsible is untenable.

This is a great result, a clear 2 fingers to global ,elitist, sold out dissconnected, politicians and indeed mainstream media.So much for the likes of the independent and times as a voice in society as well ,im delighted 😉.The Empire are failing.
What the absolute Fock are you talking about OppositeY?

People voted against the proposed amendments to the constitution because they didn’t want those amendments to the constitution. The tinfoil hat is probably handy in the cold weather though :rolleyes:

Didn't you previously post that you never did vote SF and that you were unlikely to at any stage in the future?

Shills be shillin
Soundy, I don't think you should beat yourself up over this debacle. You are not to blame more-so I believe the party stabbed you in the back by not listening to your concerns about this referendum. Stand tall big guy, and I can assure you no one would lose any respect for you if you decided to jump ship again.

We all followed you and dared to dream but unfortunately this morning we woke up to the chilling nightmare that is Sinn Fein. It's over Soundy.

Ar dheis De go raibh a anam

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mike Rice: Nasty Character
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Niall McCabe

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼