Redevolpment of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

If it was flood proofed properly and not in a Fianna Fáíl Old Ireland Nudge And Wink type way I think the Straight Road would be a great spot for a GAA stadium.

I don't think they were suggesting a stadium on the Straight Road. Just an all-weather pitch for the inter county teams and others to train on.
Both the GAA and the City Council want the stadium to stay where it is but redevelop it.

Should be interesting Sunday to see how it holds up...I'm expecting chaos outside the ground from about 3.30 onwards

I'm with you on that one, cue the excuses on Monday regarding fans getting to the ground too late, blah, blah, blah. Will never occupy a terrace on Championship hurling day down the pairc ever again after two years ago.

I'm with you on that one, cue the excuses on Monday regarding fans getting to the ground too late, blah, blah, blah. Will never occupy a terrace on Championship hurling day down the pairc ever again after two years ago.
Same here. I've been put off going down there until they do something with the place after the last couple of experiences.

really disappointed with this , my thoughts were they were going to tear it down and rebuild , the two stands are a joke and the terraces are very dangerous with the low entrances , not to mind the positioning of turnstiles outside. why cant they develop the centre of excellence up in farranferris where they have the land already ? , that showgorunds land is important to the city council , i think the county board are pushing the boundaries to far on this

Realistically, you cannot level Pairc Ui Caoimh and rebuild it from scratch - the cost would not allow it - maybe back in the days when the government was overflowing with money. Not anymore, though.

really disappointed with this , my thoughts were they were going to tear it down and rebuild , the two stands are a joke and the terraces are very dangerous with the low entrances , not to mind the positioning of turnstiles outside. why cant they develop the centre of excellence up in farranferris where they have the land already ? , that showgorunds land is important to the city council , i think the county board are pushing the boundaries to far on this

Sure Farranferris was always the cork hurling centre of excellence cork feen ;-)

we have never won a hurling all-Ireland without a farranferris man on the team. When you consider it's now closed 4 years...No all irelands!

It's a shame the pairc was allowed develop into such a state.It generates such a great atmosphere and i think it's a better arena than thurles but it's neglect says a lot about Frank and the boys.Hopefully when it is redeveloped it will be used a lot more for championship matches.

Don't understand why they can't do it piecemeal in the same fashion as Croker.
Take each of the quadrants and do them one at a time.
Start with Blackrock end and work their round.
That way you can keep it open and have it pay it's way along.
Money shouldn't be an issue.
For a start the CCB are loaded.
Secondly they'd have no problem getting help from the banks.
Even though they have fuck all money at the moment.
Croke Park would surely have a wedge available for the development
of a proper facility in its most important unit.
Govt mightn't have much but youd surely get something.
Sports Council might throw a few quid and lastly but by no means least the corporate brigade.
A necessary evil but handy to get cash from.

We have to do something. And fast.
PUiC is becoming embarrassing at this stage.

Same here. I've been put off going down there until they do something with the place after the last couple of experiences.

me 3, i was in the blackrock end that day and was surprised that nobody was badly injured, i wont go near there unless its redeveloped. and the stands are just as bad, if that was a soccer stadium UEFA, or FIFA would not allow games to be played there

the board has to pay any gardai that are on duty in the stadium and that costs a fortune so they keep it to the bare min, and the stewards are just club men with no experience in crowd control getting a free meal and free entry to the game, just wear an auld bib,

everything there is done on the skimp and that will come back to haunt them, i can see there being a poor attendance this sunday, i dont know anyone that is going, people that would always go like.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
SAL
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼