Redevolpment of Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Don't understand why they can't do it piecemeal in the same fashion as Croker.
Take each of the quadrants and do them one at a time.
Start with Blackrock end and work their round.
That way you can keep it open and have it pay it's way along.
Money shouldn't be an issue.
For a start the CCB are loaded.
Secondly they'd have no problem getting help from the banks.
Even though they have fuck all money at the moment.
Croke Park would surely have a wedge available for the development
of a proper facility in its most important unit.
Govt mightn't have much but youd surely get something.
Sports Council might throw a few quid and lastly but by no means least the corporate brigade.
A necessary evil but handy to get cash from.

We have to do something. And fast.
PUiC is becoming embarrassing at this stage.

realistically for a modern stadium, there isn't enough room behind the City, Covered and Uncovered Stand sides that the County Board own to redevelop. To modernise the stadium will require more space, for a proper concourse, access areas etc.

I would like nothing more than bringing the family down to the game tomorrow but after last years Cork/Kerry Munster game not a hope.That place is a deathtrap and how they are allowed to even hold a game of this size amazes me.

There's a hole in the wall at the top of the covered stand that a child could easily fit through. The scrush getting out is unbelievably dangerous although the last couple of times I notice they announced before the end of the game that the showgrounds exits were open to try and stop people going around the Atlantic Pond.

Still though there is nothing like the place for atmosphere, way better than Thurles, obviously it's not Croke Park.

The whole area around Centre Park Road needs regeneration - I know the Docklands project is in the offing but there is scope there for someone with a vision and drive to turn it into a real centre for entertainment, sport, concerts, history etc. The docks at Cork could have a museum maybe down around R&H Hall, there could be thoroughfares, amenities for kids to play in, resource centres for teenagers and young adults, a real concert venue not just a marquee, restaurants, walks and boat trips along the redeveloped marina, all leading down to a proper 60,000 state of the art GAA stadium.

Originally Posted by Corcaigh32
The whole area around Centre Park Road needs regeneration - I know the Docklands project is in the offing but there is scope there for someone with a vision and drive to turn it into a real centre for entertainment, sport, concerts, history etc. The docks at Cork could have a museum maybe down around R&H Hall, there could be thoroughfares, amenities for kids to play in, resource centres for teenagers and young adults, a real concert venue not just a marquee, restaurants, walks and boat trips along the redeveloped marina, all leading down to a proper 60,000 state of the art GAA stadium.

Asfaik there were ambitious plans of the type you are proposing, with a bridge across to Tivoli also, involving Cork City and County Councils, private enterprise, the CCB, and National Government a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, we all know what happened next.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼