Recycle / Re-Turn

The Kinsale Road dump has a charge for recycling afaik, that reminds me that I have some waste engine oil to get rid of, they take that once it's no more than 5 litres, paint likewise, but it's not a free service.

Wiser are gowls to deal with btw, they drove past my house one morning without collecting the bin and I had to chase them down the road in my nightwear to make them come back and empty it, . (n)
Wiser gave out smaller brown bins a few years back for compost. Original sticker excluded putting in grass cuttings so I never did. Neighbours did so last year I lashed grass in as according to their site you could. Bin left behind because “the grass composts a bit in the bin and it can’t be emptied out … of the narrower bin” So why in fawks name give out narrow bins in the first place?

I thought you said you live near town. How do you not pay for a bin service? What do you do with your refuse? 🤷‍♂️
I live in town. We don't pay for a bin service because we found them a pain to deal with and because managing the refuse yourself makes you far more mindful about it.

We are lucky enough to have decent space outside so we have a covered area at the end of the garden to deal with refuse. Recyclable goods are washed, dried and put into bags to be taken to the dump for recycling. Cans and bottles are separated out and brought to the bottle bank/re-turn centre once a week or once a fortnight.

We compost as much of our raw food waste as possible. We have two big compost bins and we use the compost in the garden.

We have a small bin under the sink for unrecyclable waste. We try and keep it to one small bin's worth a week. When it is full we transfer it to black refuse sack that is stored in a heavy lidded bin in the garden (so that vermin can't get at it).

We find it better for ourselves, but more especially for the kids, to have the reminder that you can't just throw stuff "away". It all has to be dealt with. I think it is very easy when you have a bin service to just chuck stuff into the bins and forget about it.
So what Matlock is saying is rather than recycle in a bin that can be provided she will make numerous car trips to Bring Sites to recycle them.

How very environmentally friendly she is.
That is not what Matlock is saying at all. We go to the amenity centre at Kinsale road, which is about 10 mins from our house, about 5 times a year.

I live in town. We don't pay for a bin service because we found them a pain to deal with and because managing the refuse yourself makes you far more mindful about it.

We are lucky enough to have decent space outside so we have a covered area at the end of the garden to deal with refuse. Recyclable goods are washed, dried and put into bags to be taken to the dump for recycling. Cans and bottles are separated out and brought to the bottle bank/re-turn centre once a week or once a fortnight.

We compost as much of our raw food waste as possible. We have two big compost bins and we use the compost in the garden.

We have a small bin under the sink for unrecyclable waste. We try and keep it to one small bin's worth a week. When it is full we transfer it to black refuse sack that is stored in a heavy lidded bin in the garden (so that vermin can't get at it).

We find it better for ourselves, but more especially for the kids, to have the reminder that you can't just throw stuff "away". It all has to be dealt with. I think it is very easy when you have a bin service to just chuck stuff into the bins and forget about it.

That is not what Matlock is saying at all. We go to the amenity centre at Kinsale road, which is about 10 mins from our house, about 5 times a year.

It's also a lot cheaper.

I know a few that do similar to you. They don't pay anyone to collect their rubbish and look after it themselves. They go to the Civic amenity site when needed.

A good, responsible and civic-minded way of looking after your waste and recycling. But as usual guys like @fed up want to engage in petty point scoring.

That is very impressive
Fair play to you and your family

The Kinsale Road dump has a charge for recycling afaik, that reminds me that I have some waste engine oil to get rid of, they take that once it's no more than 5 litres, paint likewise, but it's not a free service.

Wiser are gowls to deal with btw, they drove past my house one morning without collecting the bin and I had to chase them down the road in my nightwear to make them come back and empty it, . (n)
They do have a charge for recycling if that's all you're going there for.

But if you pay to dump your rubbish, then you can do your recycling without paying the separate recycling charge.

They have upped the prices there lately though.

What the f*ck is this shit :mad: wobbled into Dunnes to pick up my usual cheap n cheerful 99c 1.5l bottle of flavored water. Paying at self service check out and got charged an extra 25c for some bullsh*t deposit levy...a quarter of the price of the bottle ffs. Absolute racket, how do I opt out of this fckn scam?? 🤔

They do have a charge for recycling if that's all you're going there for.

But if you pay to dump your rubbish, then you can do your recycling without paying the separate recycling charge.

They have upped the prices there lately though.
In the interests of correctness, we went there this morning and they have indeed raised their prices. €25 for a car load now.

That gives us a yearly bill or €100/€125 for refuse.

In the interests of correctness, we went there this morning and they have indeed raised their prices. €25 for a car load now.

That gives us a yearly bill or €100/€125 for refuse.
We do the very same.

Only just back from there now.. Very quiet there as lots of people thought they'd be closed today.

Definitely save some money, plus we can dump our stuff when we want, and what we want, within reason of course.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼