Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Kingdom of The Planet of the Apes

The latest tale in the reboot of the Planet of the Apes saga is almost up to date now with the original first movie, in this one, the Kingdom, we find Noah, a young chimp living with his clan peacefully rearing eagles when a chance encounter with a young human girl, May, has his village destroyed by gorillas led by the self-styled new Caesar ape, Proximus, who bases his empire on the Roman one as he has a pet human who reads him books.

Noah and May find themselves captured by Proximus, who has his base in a rusting hulk of a ship and is trying to breach the metal doors to a fallout silo where human tech and weapons are stored.

Quite enjoyable, you wouldn't even notice the nearly three hours passing by, a good movie, the CGI is top notch, the ruined cities and World is done good and hopefully they follow up with another one as the ending is...intriguing' a solid 7/10

Perfect Days (2023).

Winner of the best actor award at Cannes 2023. A slow moving 2 hour film set in Tokyo about the daily, repetitive life of a city toilet cleaner in his 60's. He seems to be happy with his routine existence. Nothing much happens and you'd want to be in the mood for a film like this, which I was. Both sad and joyful in it's simplicity with odd, scrambled glimpses of the normal life he used to have. Great snatches of music while he travels in his van from toilet to toilet - The Animals, Lou Reed, The Kinks, Patti Smith etc.

In Japanese with very little dialogue. For some it would be a yawn/10, for me 6.5/10.

volcano with tommy lee jones

lol/10

trying to steer the bambinos from the cgi filled garbage of today towards hard hitting, realistic tales from the nineties.

edit: i never realised anne heche went off the rails completely and died a few years back. i was going to post something about her in the old wans who’d GET IT thread.

Perfect Days (2023).

Winner of the best actor award at Cannes 2023. A slow moving 2 hour film set in Tokyo about the daily, repetitive life of a city toilet cleaner in his 60's. He seems to be happy with his routine existence. Nothing much happens and you'd want to be in the mood for a film like this, which I was. Both sad and joyful in it's simplicity with odd, scrambled glimpses of the normal life he used to have. Great snatches of music while he travels in his van from toilet to toilet - The Animals, Lou Reed, The Kinks, Patti Smith etc.

In Japanese with very little dialogue. For some it would be a yawn/10, for me 6.5/10.
Would agree with your review,I really liked this film,you had to stick with it as it takes it's time to tell the story,definitely worth a watch

The Coffee Table 7/10

With their relationship under strain, new parents Maria and Jesus move in to an apartment and buy a new coffee table to mark the occasion, a decision that will change their lives forever.

I rate films on how they make me feel and watching this made me want to peel my skin off.

Polar - yer man out of the Carlsberg Ad (was a James Bond villain) is the main man. A lethal hitman just about to retire.

Entertaining enough 6.5

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Mark Lyndon
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

9th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼