Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Watched the Papillon remake last night (the 2017 version). It's relatively engaging, been a long time since I saw the original but it feels pretty similar. Charlie Hunman, the titular Papillon, is a fine looking chap but not much of an actor. Some of the supporting cast also a bit ffy. Remi Malek plays the Hoffman role and is reliable as ever.

Bono daugther Eve Hewson has a smallish role in the first 15 mins or so as Pap's girlfriend. She is a nice looking lady.

6/10.

Watched the Papillon remake last night (the 2017 version). It's relatively engaging, been a long time since I saw the original but it feels pretty similar. Charlie Hunman, the titular Papillon, is a fine looking chap but not much of an actor. Some of the supporting cast also a bit ffy. Remi Malek plays the Hoffman role and is reliable as ever.

Bono daugther Eve Hewson has a smallish role in the first 15 mins or so as Pap's girlfriend. She is a nice looking lady.

6/10.
It always seems a bit stupid to be remaking classic films like this. You're not going to improve on the original.

Having said that, I haven't seen the remake.

It always seems a bit stupid to be remaking classic films like this. You're not going to improve on the original.

Having said that, I haven't seen the remake.
Somewhat surprisingly perhaps the original wasn't especially well received at the time.

Agree on lost city of z, hunman is good in that. A quick look at his filmography tells you the type of movies / roles he is cast in though. Mid table fare at best.

The Fall Guy 6/10

Watching it was pretty much like I remember the original series - a lot of petty dialog, then a few minutes of stunts.

The car chases were too short but they did some pretty impressive rolls.

The treatment of women in it seemed anachronistic, probably reflecting the eighties sensibilities.

Always something meta about watching an actor play a stuntman playing an actor etc.

Tonight's picture was the original "bad lieutenant", the 1992 abel ferrara effort.

A flawed picture but well shot with some memorable scenes. Liberal depictions of drug use which may or may not be to your personal taste.

Overall enjoyed it but there's a bit of frustration in that it could have been better.

7/10 nevertheless.

November Man with Pierce Brosnan. It's out nearly 10 years and a bit James Bondy but I must admit I enjoyed it 7/10

Perrier's Bounty - Cillian Murphy the main man and Brendan Gleeson has a good cameo. It's about 15 years old, set in dooooblin, criminal world. Again it wasn't half bad 8

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mystic Gold

The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼