Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Refuge

A slightly above average 'demonic possession' movie starts with Rick Petroni off to fight the baddies in Afghanistan, when his squad encounter some locals and want to check out a nearby cave for any rebels Rick volunteers to search it, against the protests of the locals saying nobody ever goes in there.

Cue, Rick entering said cave and encountering an entity who possesses him, he gets sent home with reported PTSD and then the fun begins, wasn't too bad as possession movies go, let's go
3/5

Back to Black 7.5/10.

Not usually a fan of music biopics but this has good performances, plenty of music and a story.

They seemed to keep true to actual events and also had fine attention to detail - I assume they used CGI to take out the tooth that Amy Winehouse lost.

The angle they took was interesting, focusing on the relationship with Blake Fielder. I had thought from watching the documentary that he was shallow and vain but they painted a more sympathetic portrait of him.

In a similarish vein watched look who's talking recently. Kirstie alley is terrific in it, she has that sort of unforced comedic timing - a natural i guess. A good watch for 80s new york scenes, central park etc. Not everything works but a fine slice of nostalgia with a few laughs along the way. 7/10

rewatched gump. i enjoyed it the first time i saw it way back when and found it much too schmaltzy when i gave it another go about 10 years ago.

this time i enjoyed it. you have to get over the low IQ thing but if you can it's an engaging and fun watch with the slices of Americana but it's in a lot of ways a sad and melancholic movie.

terrific performances from hanks and robin wright penn.

8.5/10.

Plague Dogs (1982). Classic not for kids animation from the same makers as Watership Down and also based on a Douglas Adams novel. Its basically as if that 80s PSA with Bonzo the sheep killing dog was made into a feature. 8/10

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Daly & Matt Cranitch Sliabh Luachra Tunes Workshop
MTU Cork School Of Music, Union Quay, Cork

5th Oct 2024 @ 11:00 am
More info..
More events ▼