Pubs reopening June 29th

Shelias in Sunday's well was a great pub,at the corner of the hill going up to Jaila.

Used to stop there or The Village Inn when hitch-hiking back from Limerick and the driver would turn off to visit someone in The Regional Hospital as it was then. Amazing the number of times I'd be left in Sunday's Well by people wanting to avoid city centre, and I'd quaff a quart while waiting for a lift home :cool:

There were so many name changes in pubs, It's hard to keep track
The one with the most name changes surely must be Nestors, after it being Nestors it was Nosey Parkers, Georgia Brownes, Grass Hoppers, The Bailey, Grand Central, and soon to be Brewdog. I’m sure I got the order wrong and missed a name.

I remember a fella I knew was going to buy a car from me and was involved in the Bailey remodel. He got a call at the time to say the building needed to be pretty much knocked and rebuilt and that was the end of buying the car! I think it cost them a fortune.

I think in the Grasshopper era is when it had the snakes in tanks. Wasn’t fond of the snakes being there, imagine the outrage now if that was still happening?

I think when it was Nestors was my favourite set up. I think Kieran Nestor was the guy running it, I wonder what he’s up to now?

I was chatting to a Benny employee over brunch earlier and got a few updates on Ziggy's.

According to my source, they are changing the name to "The Park", and it will be serving both cocktails and food. I'm personally sceptical about the food bit as I don't think Ziggy's had a kitchen, so they'll have to build one?

She also said that Benny didn't know that they were going to paint over the murals and wasn't happy that it was done. Not sure how true that is but I hope it is. It doesn't seem like Benny's style to go around erasing parts of Cork's heritage.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼