Pubs reopening June 29th

The Dirty Squalor and the MillWheel were kinda two different pubs joined together. I liked the Thirsty Scholar alright, it was renamed to be the Western Star at one stage. Pat that ran it (and some other bar, can’t remember which one) was sound.

I miss the original Western Star, The Grand Circle for their mammoth carvery lunch. Liam Barry from the Bodhran had The Maylor and they did a nice steak sandwich for lunch at one stage, another bar gone a while.
The Lobby is another one I miss. Got to see some class gigs in the Lobby, worked there in the 90’s. The only job I had where it was perfectly acceptable to go on a mini pub crawl on your break! Donkey’s Ears, The Pheonix, Charlie’s and the Four Courts.
Donkey's Ears and the Lobby were fantastic! Great djs and gigs. Maybe the fucked up night in those places

Great reading these memories, sadly those days are gone, Great characters back then, yes some would probably have
slit your throat but in the main they were great characters out for the craic, plenty of slagging and banter,
Nobody got offended at the slightest comment, I remember mid 80s when the lads i grew up with would make sure
nobody was stuck on a sunday, One fella might lend another fella a tenner, That tenner would circulate among the lads for weeks,

olde%2Bblue%2Bbell%2Bhull.jpg

Picture of Jimmy, Soundy, Ikki and the lads.

Did anyone visit the Golden boys pub on Popes' quay? Some laugh, he had seats from a cinema to sit down.
Nah. The only ones I remember there apart from that Beerhall place were The Haven, and The Left Bank which was run for a while by the aforementioned John Phelan. Great publican. Desperate gambler.

It was mainly a Dockers' pub, great craic Sorry I got the welcome inn mixed up with the ivy leary

Drank in the Welcome Inn when it was called The Cherry Tree I think.
As the Welcome it had a BRILLIANT banjo player in there on a Thursday night pre-covid. The guy sang all the Dubliner, Paddy Reilly, Fury Brothers stuff. He was superb.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Perfect Days (Pg)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼