Pubs reopening June 29th

Yup - gone 10 years at least. Used be owned by one John Phelan, who'd also owned John Phelans on McCurtain Street (now subsumed into the Shelbourne), The Haven, and The Stadium Bar at various stages. Brilliant bar owner imho. Think he was from Laois or maybe Offaly and reputed to have been a good boxer in his day - probably light-heavyweight. Ran a great pub but alas for him a bit too fond of the cards.

I can well remember having a few pints down stairs in The Left Bank and playing Don with John against two other punters. Place had no natural light and smelt a bit like the dank cellar that it was.

I did a bit of research there and it turns out The Left Bank isn't actually on Pope's Quay, but Farran's Quay, which may be the shortest Quay in Cork?

It goes from the taxi joint on the corner where Shandon Street starts, to where the Left Bank was.

I'd never heard of Farran's Quay before

I did a bit of research there and it turns out The Left Bank isn't actually on Pope's Quay, but Farran's Quay, which may be the shortest Quay in Cork?

It goes from the taxi joint on the corner where Shandon Street starts, to where the Left Bank was.

can you tell me where in cork city is nelsons quay?

Yup - gone 10 years at least. Used be owned by one John Phelan, who'd also owned John Phelans on McCurtain Street (now subsumed into the Shelbourne), The Haven, and The Stadium Bar at various stages. Brilliant bar owner imho. Think he was from Laois or maybe Offaly and reputed to have been a good boxer in his day - probably light-heavyweight. Ran a great pub but alas for him a bit too fond of the cards.

I can well remember having a few pints down stairs in The Left Bank and playing Don with John against two other punters. Place had no natural light and smelt a bit like the dank cellar that it was.
Thoughts johns place was further down the quays . Early morning place , his missis used to do the door . Great guy havnt seen him in years

Farren's Quay goes from Brown's Hill which I'm fairly sure is the shortest hill in Cork, to the North Gate Bridge.

Don't think Farran's Quay is the shortest quay in Cork btw. I think that accolade belongs to Wyse's Quay on the other end of the North Mall. Not much in it mind.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼