Pubs reopening June 29th

The pub world has gone to shit..
haven’t been to the The Sportsman’s in Bandon Rd in a while..
said I’d drop in and have a pint before dropping into Jackies for some top class nosh.

No Sportsmans 😱
Instead Rosie Maddens. What the fuck..

A pub that usually heaved with salt of the earth characters replaced by a handful of hipsters discussing art.

A barmaid that looks like something from a manga cartoon and presents me with a 6 inch head on the pint.

But worse.. the greatest sports photos from Corks sporting yesteryear replaced by absolute shite.

Did covid destroy the Sportsman’s?

Old Cork is dead.. We have sold our souls to wankerism.

Is that the place below the Flying Enterprise?

said I’d drop in and have a pint before dropping into Jackies for some top class nosh.

No Sportsmans 😱

A pub that usually heaved with salt of the earth characters replaced by a handful of hipsters discussing art.

A barmaid that looks like something from a manga cartoon and presents me with a 6 inch head on the pint.

But worse.. the greatest sports photos from Corks sporting yesteryear replaced by absolute shite.

Yeah, that was disappointing. Lovely cheap stout, friendly staff and the odd flight. A great spot it was. At least Moks is still going.

No Sportsmans 😱

Pat the previous manager was left go, now in friars walk, sportsmans was a great pub, walked down barracka last week, only mr bradleys and tom barrys left on upper section. Btw. nothing wrong with a 6 inch head,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼