Pubs reopening June 29th

Good to see that The Southern Star will be reopening in November.
The two lads involved should do well there, best of luck to them.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Southern Star. There were another two pubs at that cross on the way out of town, The Lions Den which had a fabulous snug about 20 years ago but wasn't too bad even after they got rid of it, and The Bridge Inn, which having a side entrance was always good for a lock in. The Glenanaar is gone from the general area too, and the Motor Arms on the way into town.

I believe their due to give the Southern Star a big makeover but at the same time retain the old bar feel at the front. Used be a nice pint in there.

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with the Southern Star. There were another two pubs at that cross on the way out of town, The Lions Den which had a fabulous snug about 20 years ago but wasn't too bad even after they got rid of it, and The Bridge Inn, which having a side entrance was always good for a lock in. The Glenanaar is gone from the general area too, and the Motor Arms on the way into town.

I believe their due to give the Southern Star a big makeover but at the same time retain the old bar feel at the front. Used be a nice pint in there.
Apparently most of the makeover will be in the beer garden. I didn’t even know there was one there.
They’ve said they’re going to leave most of it as it is.

Apparently most of the makeover will be in the beer garden. I didn’t even know there was one there.
They’ve said they’re going to leave most of it as it is.

Yeah there was a beer garden there. Think I was in it once years ago. It's a triangle between the pub and the bridge. Not very big I'd have thought - smoking area?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼