Pubs reopening June 29th

I think there was a pool table in that beer garden from what I remember. It had a nice pint for sure.

The pool table was in behind the bar on the way out to the smoking area - same spot as the jukebox.

The outdoor space was quite big - if memory serves - covered (with heaters) and uncovered sections . There might have been a dart board or something out there as well.

I used to live about 10 minutes stroll from it about 15 years ago. A buddy of mine lived less than 250 metres from the front door. Great for midweek pints and early matches on a Saturday. It was a bit clannish - the entire bar would turn and look as you walked in.

Used to be a savage pint of stout in there.

Here we go.

Lol at yer man from the Clayton saying that an increase in VAT would damage competitiveness. Hotels have been far from competitive for a long time.

Hospitality is a luxury product the case could also be made for charging vat at 23% in my view. Most of these operators don't seem to appreciate the concept of VAT been the bit on top of nett prices if they did prices would have been reduced by 4.5% when this change came in. Previously the only restaurant I can recall reducing prices as a result of a vat cut was Scoozie's which they did in a previous cut about 10 years ago.

We have full employment. Hotels are extortionally expensive. They were bailed out during the pandemic. There is little public sympathy in my view for giving the sector additional funds by way of a continuation of the reduction in VAT.

It’s cheaper to fly to Barcelona for a weekend to see Bruce Springsteen than it is to see him in Dublin.

They’re not competitive right now. Their use of “free trials” for workers coupled with their tendency to charge more for a cocktail than the hourly rate they pay the person making it has led to a mass exodus from the industry.
And all this continual whinging about “tourism” just makes people think that these guys want to turn the country into a theme park.

Son of a bun posted an ad on Indeed two days ago for a full time server/bar person.

The salary is "up to €10.50 an hour".

So the maximum they're willing to pay is the minimum they're legally required to pay.

And people wonder why hospitality struggles to attract staff.

Son of a bun posted an ad on Indeed two days ago for a full time server/bar person.

The salary is "up to €10.50 an hour".

So the maximum they're willing to pay is the minimum they're legally required to pay.

And people wonder why hospitality struggles to attract staff.
People are voting with their feet. They lobbied heavily for minimum unit pricing in off licences and some of them even legally challenged the minimum wage.
They should be ashamed of themselves.

The pool table was in behind the bar on the way out to the smoking area - same spot as the jukebox.

The outdoor space was quite big - if memory serves - covered (with heaters) and uncovered sections . There might have been a dart board or something out there as well.

I used to live about 10 minutes stroll from it about 15 years ago. A buddy of mine lived less than 250 metres from the front door. Great for midweek pints and early matches on a Saturday. It was a bit clannish - the entire bar would turn and look as you walked in.

Used to be a savage pint of stout in there.
Ha! I lived across the road from it for a year back in 2001 but never actually went in to the bar during that time! Only went in there some time after as a buddy of mine lived 10 minutes from it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stiff Little Fingers
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Aug 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

3 Of A Kind

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼