Public Servants - Turncoats?

Over 60% of public servants r on less than €50k p/year, hardly the lap of luxury.

€50k per year is a fairly decent wage in this country. If you can't survive on that, then you're an idiot.

How many of them are on less than €30k???

There was a woman on prime time the other night, complaining that she couldn't amke ends meet and she was on 55 grand a year!

What kind of moron can't survive in this country on that kind of money.

€50k per year is a fairly decent wage in this country. If you can't survive on that, then you're an idiot.

How many of them are on less than €30k???

There was a woman on prime time the other night, complaining that she couldn't amke ends meet and she was on 55 grand a year!

What kind of moron can't survive in this country on that kind of money.

there was a guy on pat keenys frontline. private sector. had to cut his own wages in half, now he only has 100,000 euro a year to live on. dreadful story of woe

(your turn

my sister is a teacher,she said to me recently,its a shame you didnt get into teaching,look at all the holidays and mid terms i have,3 months paid summer leave,clearing roughly 1000 a week,Monday to Friday 9 to 3.30 (or so) every week!! she said,its the life...im starting to rethink my career :-(

my sister is a teacher,she said to me recently,its a shame you didnt get into teaching,look at all the holidays and mid terms i have,3 months paid summer leave,clearing roughly 1000 a week,Monday to Friday 9 to 3.30 (or so) every week!! she said,its the life...im starting to rethink my career :-(

At least she was honest about it unlike all the lying bastards on Tuesday and next
Thursday. I still couldn't work with children however, it would drive me mental.

I have already stated that I accept that the public service wage bill will have to be reduced. However, I believe that the higher paid ones should suffer the most, ie Superintendents, Principal Offivers, Assistant Princiapls, Judges etc etc.
I think it's very unfair to target a lowly paid Clerical Officer on an average wage of €28k for another pay cut.

Most of ye have ur minds made up and r now on the "hang the civil servants" bandwagon, just as ye same morons voted for Fianna Fraud and all.

Why don't we look at ourselves and the corrupt politicians we continually vote for time and time again, instead of seeking to scapegoat the public sector for this shambles.

Then why did the other unions allow the senior public servants union to join the strike? If its the top tier then why stand shoulder to shoulder with them?
Let me guess there was no expenses involved.
Im on a lot less than 28k, have taken a 10% paycut, cant afford a pension or a mortgage and my job security extends as far as the end of each week. I bring in a few grand a week from my employer, who will loose his house if we go under. How much does the average organ bank in the civil service bring in profit wise? Collectively -500 million per week at the moment.
We have a term called productivity. Its a term the public service neither understand, recognise or seek to introduce. Some of my oldest friends are in the civil service and I honestly wouldn't hire them in a fit and they are aware of this as Ive discussed their dreamland of work v's the realities of work in the present economic meltdown, and still they cant see that if things keep going there'll be a lot of capable, experienced people emmigrating and a lot of lazy ex civil servants on the dole after the IMF carves the place up. Its up to you guys now weather the country sinks or swims. From what I see daily we're gonna sink, and its gonna be deep.

Hear ya, Soxy. Several of my friends swapped over from IT, Film and other jobs to primary teaching in the last few years based on other friends telling them the same. Nice move as it turned out!

Hear ya, Soxy. Several of my friends swapped over from IT, Film and other jobs to primary teaching in the last few years based on other friends telling them the same. Nice move as it turned out!

suppose its never too late is it lol,shes laughing at me now :?

*nice name btw,an old fave*

You have just lost all credibility you gombeen with a statement like that.

if i had known you were the arbitor deciding who has or doesn't have credibility here i wouldn't have said it lol

(although, secretly i thought your b/s coments here ensured that you had lost all credibility before anyone else had...but i kept it to myself

if i had known you were the arbitor deciding who has or doesn't have credibility here i wouldn't have said it lol

(although, secretly i thought your b/s coments here ensured that you had lost all credibility before anyone else had...but i kept it to myself

Another "inspiring" speech / comment from the shallow, stupid, braindead, moaning, repetitive, lazy shower of civil servants...............

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼