PROC Music Conference :: Sat. Nov 8th 2pm

This was a really imformative Saturday afternoon. Thanks to all at the PROC who organised it and all the panelists for giving there time.

One thing I found interesting from Ashley and Allison was their view on what kind of demos they'd like to receive. I always believed that you'd need to send it in to the station with the whole professional looking press pack. Nah! They said they prefer just the cd with the tracks and lenghts clearly labelled. Ashley stressed that, as I guess it's an important thing for DJs to know. Include local gigs that you may be playing. Interesting cd artwork is a bonus but if you don't have it it's not the end of the world. Oh and Allison said that it doesn't help if you send food, apparently it creeps her out. She suggested that band try to be creative and unique when presenting their demos as to get noticed and stand out from the crowd. I think this goes for alot of things in the industry. Like for example when Oasis got a load of New York buskers to play songs of the new album all over the city to promote it, I thought that was pretty good! It's getting harder and harder to be original and get noticed these days. Time to start thinking outside the box!

This was a great conference - really informative and great to make some contacts. Thanks to all involved! I agree with EddyZang there - I had thought the whole press pack thing was a necessity with demos. And I thought it was interesting to hear them say to call them 'Demos' and not 'Singles' or 'albums', because you are allowed several bad demos, but a bad single/album chalks you down as a bad artist/band.

All in all a really worth while day. Thanks again!

Thank you to everyone who came to and participated in this. Feedback has been excellent so far and we hope to make this a regular event if finances allow.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Afternoon In Paris: Cork Pianofest Recital Series

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼