Premium Used BMW

I bought one of these middle of last year. Two years cover.
Noticed the clutch slipping slightly maybe in the last year.
Brought it in for a headlight change and said they should look at the clutch as well.
They said they thought it was grand when they went for a drive in it but, this week, took out the clutch and said it's badly worn and needs replacing.
They want €600+ for the part. I said it's Premium Used, is that not covered.
Went off, checked. Back saying a wear item like that isn't covered.

Maybe it isn't but my feeling going for the premium used was that I'd be someway insulated from this kind of thing. Mileage was pretty low on the car, no sign clutch had been replaced previously. Either they expect it to go in that six years or you're into having unusual wear and tear on it. I wouldn't have thought I'm hard on a clutch.

Just want to check if this is standard enough.

Clutches, brakes etc are never covered on used car warranties for exactly the reason you gave above, they are items that have a designed lifespan.

Demanding a new clutch is a bit like demanding they put more petrol in, in fairny.

I bought one of these middle of last year. Two years cover.
Noticed the clutch slipping slightly maybe in the last year.
Brought it in for a headlight change and said they should look at the clutch as well.
They said they thought it was grand when they went for a drive in it but, this week, took out the clutch and said it's badly worn and needs replacing.
They want €600+ for the part. I said it's Premium Used, is that not covered.
Went off, checked. Back saying a wear item like that isn't covered.

Maybe it isn't but my feeling going for the premium used was that I'd be someway insulated from this kind of thing. Mileage was pretty low on the car, no sign clutch had been replaced previously. Either they expect it to go in that six years or you're into having unusual wear and tear on it. I wouldn't have thought I'm hard on a clutch.

Just want to check if this is standard enough.

Dont buy one unless you can afford the maintenance. Its a premium product with premium costs attached

No bother lads, sounds like it's reasonable so.

In any case, if I'm selling it on in the next year or two, saying it's had the clutch replaced by the official garage is one less thing for a buyer to worry about.

Cheers for the input.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼