Premium Used BMW

Lol, I had to get a clutch done in a way smaller car than a BMW a few years ago and the Hennesys charged me fuckin 650. Either Hang is wrong or I was fleeced.

sounds like you were fleeced but it depends on the quality of the new clutch, a good mechanic will have it swapped out in about 3-4 hours which is about 150 quid labour

The parts for a BMW would nearly be that.

I got a Clutch and bearing plate done on a Focus last year for €450, I've never heard cheaper than that TBPHWY.

Oem parts wouldn't be close and there are plenty better quality ones out there for less also, you'd get a stage two kit for 450, you'd get a standard clutch kit 150-200. Oem part have to be of equal or better spec.. hope you didn't go to Ford main dealer for your clutch..

Clutches are never covered, even in new car warranties. As the poster said, deemed to be a wear and tear item.

Yeah - worth asking dealership at time of purchase how worn and torn clutch, gearbox, timing belt are.
If they admit one is up for replacement at next or second next service, may get a bit more off the asking price.
Likewise, if brake pads close to end of life, ask for replacements fitted as part of deal. TBF, think BMW do this anyway for their Premium used range.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼