popular tv shows you could never get into

there's probably a similar thread to this lost in the mists of time. but anyway. i'm referring to shows which you tried to like/watch but it didn't work out.

bojack horseman i must have give this 5 or 6 tries and it simply didn't take. i'm not against animated shows; i've watched all the F is for Family eps. but this i just couldn't take to. too far fetched maybe?

rick and morty sticking with the animated theme here, this is just too childish and silly for me. always surprised by the reverence in which it is held.

handmaiden's tale i read the novel when i was a teenager so maybe that's a hindrance but more likely is that i just found it a bit too grim and ultimately unengaging. i stop short of boring - just.

game of thrones another i gave a good few goes to. for this i think it's the fantasy stuff. maybe that's the case for all the above - perhaps i can no longer suspend my disbelief?

arrested development i could never understand this shows popularity. it's supposed to be funny i think, but i am not getting the humour.

community i definitely get the jokes here but i just don't like it. alison brie and gillan jacobs are lovely to look at but it's just not enough for me.

mad men (dull), the good place (not funny) better call saul (somewhat oddly as i did eventually take to breaking bad) and thirty rock (silly) are four more that spring to mind.

sopranos.

italian mobster mafia stuff always seems a bit jaded for me. watched it twice thinking maybe i was after missing something the first time around but no.

and that ending 😩😩😩

sopranos.

italian mobster mafia stuff always seems a bit jaded for me. watched it twice thinking maybe i was after missing something the first time around but no.

and that ending ������

you watched all six seasons? twice? that's fair dedication to the art of tv consumption.

i think dropped it after season 2. likewise 24. i wouldn't categorise anything i watched at least one full season in the same bracket as the above though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼