Official West Ham Thread

There'll be lots of sleepless nights in East London tonight. Reading beat West 'Am on there own patch. Facking cahnts.

Talk today is of Scolari taking over. He'll want his own staff in. Are you worried about your job Liam? One question though, does Scolari like hacking & diving? :crazyeyes:

MonTheHoops said:
If Yerman FromKasabian is right (did I spell that right?), then where do Reading appear in the big scheme of things?
well Reading are a world power now really, if they can beat the hammers now I expect they'll take champions league honours in the next few years

Reo-Coker slammed the captains armband into the turf when he noticed he was being substituted with ten minutes to go. He then refused to wear a tracksuit and sat on the bench in a huff.

Not the behaviour one would expect from a club captain.

My guess is he wanted to go to Arsenal and is now not happy with the club for turning down the £13 million offered by the Gunners on transfer deadline day.

Pardew threat 'ends takeover hopes'

After two days of inquests following the 1-0 Premiership home defeat by Reading on Sunday, it is understood Pardew had to be persuaded to stay at Upton Park - but he only agreed on the proviso that the proposed takeover by investment company MSI did not go ahead, reports the Daily Mirror.

The decision will almost certainly lead to the exit of Argentinian duo Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano in the January transfer window, despite being two of the most sought-after players in world football when they joined the Hammers in August.

Pardew's anger at interference from MSI, the company who signed the Argentinians, boiled over after his side lost for the fifth match in a row to slip to 16th in the league, out of the relegation zone only on goal difference.

Pardew has so far failed to fit Tevez and Mascherano into his system and is also frustrated by the former's fondness for London's nightlife as well as his lack of English.

An insider told the Daily Mirror: "The board wasn't left with very much option. It either let Alan walk out, or did the right thing for the club."

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Velvetones

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼