Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

Sad about John Madden, watched a good few clips of him in full flight and he was the master back in the day. The NYT obit is a lovely summation of his life and career.
Madden's presence on Sunday and Monday Night Football broadcast was a huge part in the growing popularity of the game. He lived a great life, travelling around on the bus to games, stopping off in small-town America. People could relate to him.

Peter King's Sports Illustrated article is another fine read.

One of the best Sundays of the season and the coverage was totally overshadowed by Brown throwing a strop. To be honest, it was only a matter of time before something blew up in Tampa. There were too many, eh, questionable characters being brought in for harmony to last. Not that Tampa are outliers in this regard.

Playoffs are all but set at this stage. Raiders-Chargers next Sunday is winner-take-all (unless Colts get Jaxed). Some interest in the AFC East and to a lesser extent the NFC West. But next weekend will be about seeing who gets the bye in the AFC and who plays who the following weekend.

Delighted to see the Bengals back on top in the AFC North, they're on a good run and might (I use that word carefully) win a playoff game ...

Dallas are in trouble if last night is anything to go by. Tampa not great either. Rams hit and miss. Looking like the Packers in the NFC if they can keep the roster together (easier said than done given how rampant Covid seems to be, but maybe the changing regulations will work in their favour). AFC is too close to call at this stage, whoever gets the 1 seed next weekend will fancy their chances of a week in LA in February.

One of the best Sundays of the season and the coverage was totally overshadowed by Brown throwing a strop. To be honest, it was only a matter of time before something blew up in Tampa. There were too many, eh, questionable characters being brought in for harmony to last. Not that Tampa are outliers in this regard.

Playoffs are all but set at this stage. Raiders-Chargers next Sunday is winner-take-all (unless Colts get Jaxed). Some interest in the AFC East and to a lesser extent the NFC West. But next weekend will be about seeing who gets the bye in the AFC and who plays who the following weekend.

Delighted to see the Bengals back on top in the AFC North, they're on a good run and might (I use that word carefully) win a playoff game ...

Dallas are in trouble if last night is anything to go by. Tampa not great either. Rams hit and miss. Looking like the Packers in the NFC if they can keep the roster together (easier said than done given how rampant Covid seems to be, but maybe the changing regulations will work in their favour). AFC is too close to call at this stage, whoever gets the 1 seed next weekend will fancy their chances of a week in LA in February.

To be fair, it was a quality tantrum :)

The complexion has kinda flipped around again. A month ago, I would have said the NFC was stronger, now I'm not so sure.

Dallas don't convince me at all. The Rams are loaded on paper, but look soft to me, and I wouldn't trust Stafford in a big spot. The Buccaneers have Brady but are beat up. The Cardinals will get players back, but they are still the Cardinals. The NFC has had no real depth to it this year, hence the Eagles (0-6 against teams with a winning record) earning a play-off spot. With Lance, the 49ers could be interesting, but they need to beat LA Rams just to get in.

The AFC doesn't have a great team, but 7 good to very good ones. The potential matches between New England @ Buffalo, Indy @ Cincinnati and LA Chargers @ Kansas City would be extremely hard to call.

Once New England or Buffalo don't win it, I'm happy enough. Be nice to see Cincinnati go on a run.

In the interest of potential sheer insanity, I hope the jags win. It means that if Raiders, Chargers ends in a tie then both teams would qualify.

As for Brown, it's par for him really. He's melted down for 2 other teams before and been kicked off another for threatening someone. Ultimately his talent means he will get another shot and if he's not suspended a playoff team might grab him.

The leaked texts (not a new thing either) and his story try to blame arians but it I'd hard to give brown any benefit of the doubt. His public shot at Brady wasn't really needed either

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼