Official Cycling Thread

great watch again, Vingegaard looked comfortable i thought but the Pod showed maybe he has more left for tomorrow edit-Tour de France stage victories at the age of 23: Eddy Merckx - 0 Bernard Hinault - 3 Mark Cavendish - 4 Tadej Pogacar - 9

tadej-pogacar-of-slovenia-and-uae-team-emirates-white-best-young-picture-id1409901016

Last edited:
great watch again, Vingegaard looked comfortable i thought but the Pod showed maybe he has more left for tomorrow edit-Tour de France stage victories at the age of 23: Eddy Merckx - 0 Bernard Hinault - 3 Mark Cavendish - 4 Tadej Pogacar - 9

tadej-pogacar-of-slovenia-and-uae-team-emirates-white-best-young-picture-id1409901016
That's a cool stat, that.

Yeah, I was wondering too how close Pg would need to be before the TT. What was the gap like in last year's? 40k TT is fairly long, by today's standards anyway. If he's in shape I'd say he could gain more than a minute. Maybe 90 seconds. What do others think? Does that mean that Jonas might even try to build his lead tomorrow to be on the safe side?

That's a cool stat, that.

Yeah, I was wondering too how close Pg would need to be before the TT. What was the gap like in last year's? 40k TT is fairly long, by today's standards anyway. If he's in shape I'd say he could gain more than a minute. Maybe 90 seconds. What do others think? Does that mean that Jonas might even try to build his lead tomorrow to be on the safe side?
I don't think Jonas will try to do anything but stay with Pog tomorrow...if he can. Pog won't overhaul that lead in a TT.
Have a feeling today was a softening up job on Vini. Tomorrow's stage is going to be epic.

Really looking forward to today's stage. of the last 80k I reckon 40 are uphill, bout 30k downhill and the rest is flat........ Jesus, it would be a bad day to have a bad day. I know most of the lads are shagged between the race itself, the heat, fear of Covid, losing teammates and so on but if that profile doesn't give some entertainment.

Surely today is the day for Pog to rattle it? Otherwise the 40km TT is his only hope - but could he take back two and a half minutes? JV will need to deliver a supreme team performance you'd think. With the green jersey safe, surely Van Aert will be roped into the van to haul Jonas over the peaks.
Mind you, Vingegaard has not attacked at all since last Monday - he could give it a go too if he's in shape near the end.
You're right C., great day ahead. In fairness, there's been some brilliant racing this year.

One thing I just can't understand is why the heck Van Aert is breaking his balls a) to get into the break and b) driving it every single day. What's in it for them, or are they playing the 'handy to have him up the road' card every stage? But by the time the big hitters get to him he may not be in any shape to really help JV. Strange.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼