Official Cycling Thread

don was talking a few weeks ago about being on the Alpe today - did you make it don?
Dutch feens all over the shop?
No, in the end couldnt get anyone to go with--should have planned it better a few months ago, thanks for your advice, i've copy and pasted it for another day. had a flight to Lyon that I was able to change easily,
Bit of a damp squib today was predictable although JV set a strong pace. Pidcock maybe a future GC contender? that descent was amazing. Crowd looked a bit crazy around 6km to go but i think they put the barriers back further than usual, last 3 or 4 km it looked like. Thomas is my hero so far able to stay with the two big guns.

No, in the end couldnt get anyone to go with--should have planned it better a few months ago, thanks for your advice, i've copy and pasted it for another day. had a flight to Lyon that I was able to change easily,
Bit of a damp squib today was predictable although JV set a strong pace. Pidcock maybe a future GC contender? that descent was amazing. Crowd looked a bit crazy around 6km to go but i think they put the barriers back further than usual, last 3 or 4 km it looked like. Thomas is my hero so far able to stay with the two big guns.
Well, he's already up to 7th I think - albeit over 7 minutes back.

So Rog is gone - that crash/ injury from stage 5 being blamed.
That’s a bit more pressure on the bauld Jonas now - I notice Van Aert getting told earlier to sit up ta f**k out of the break and to come back and help manage the peloton.

So Rog is gone - that crash/ injury from stage 5 being blamed.
That’s a bit more pressure on the bauld Jonas now - I notice Van Aert getting told earlier to sit up ta f**k out of the break and to come back and help manage the peloton.
Yeah, that was strange, Why did he go off in the break in the first place? Green jersey is safe. The race passes a km or two from where we are at the moment but it's bloody roasting. I'll toddle down with a bottle of water and the old GoWayYaLanger poster. Hopefully, I don't knock any of the riders off their bike with it. The spot is a small village called Conques-sur-Orbiel. Ten kms from Carcasonne.

Pogacar has had several digs at Vingegaard on the Port De Lers, including attacking over the top. The slopes of the Mur De Peguere (or Col de Peguere as the locals seemingly call it) await:

1658239737104.png

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼