Official Boxing Thread

Shakur Stevenson vs. Shuichiro Yoshino 135lbs

The lightweight division is stacked with killers but this guy is the cream of that crop. He 100% beats Haney.

I'm gonna miss the fight as I'm running a marathon the following morning. I was pleased that it wasn't clashing with too much.... and then this fight was announced. Firstly, I am delighted the fight was made. Secondly, I have absolutely no clue who will win. Literally in the last minute I have changed my mind and back again. This second I'm with Davis..... in another minute I could be with Garcia. Very strong cases for both. Even when Davis doesn't look great, his punches take a real toll....but then he mightn't get as many off against Garcia..... Who you got?

I'm gonna miss the fight as I'm running a marathon the following morning. I was pleased that it wasn't clashing with too much.... and then this fight was announced. Firstly, I am delighted the fight was made. Secondly, I have absolutely no clue who will win. Literally in the last minute I have changed my mind and back again. This second I'm with Davis..... in another minute I could be with Garcia. Very strong cases for both. Even when Davis doesn't look great, his punches take a real toll....but then he mightn't get as many off against Garcia..... Who you got?
I think Garcia is going to put on a career best performance and stop him. That might be a bit of heart over head but Garcia agreed to everything to secure the fight including a rehydration limit too so he’s really up for this. He’s got savage speed in them hands and he’s got power. Garcia by phantom punch 🥊

Joe Joyce got bate.

His eye closed and the ref called it off. Good and close fight.
100% correct call to stop it. Possible broken cheekbone. I think coming in a stone lighter didn’t help him at all. His defence was always terrible and it was bound to catch up with him. To slow, terrible defence, he doesn’t carry any real power.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Home In Ireland: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:30pm

More events ▼